Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Re: Welcome

Postby fromthefield on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 am

Hey, my name is Ryan. I've been in Nagoya for about 8 months and I'll probably be here for another year at the end of this one. I'm down for playing anything but I don't have any plastic minis. I find I move too often to invest in something that fragile. But I've started collecting paper minis, so if people don't mind me using those instead I'm down for playing any game. I also have my Mordheim rule book with me and I have a bunch of board games including Talisman.

Nice to meet you!
fromthefield
Rookie

Postby Primarch on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:50 am

Welcome to the site Ryan.
Whilst paper minis don't really do it for me (I like making models), I can see how they would be easier to transport around.
I hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards,
P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:19 am

Hi Ryan :) welcome to the forums. You probably won't be seeing much of me in person as I rarely game in Nagoya, but I'm on the forums quite a lot. I live in Tsu, btw. Anyway, I wouldn't have a huge problem playing against paper minis. I've never done it before but hey, it might be interesting :) You'll find there are plenty of people in the area with multiple armies, so if you felt the need you might even be able to borrow someone's figs for a game. Just a thought :)

Anyway, as I said, welcome to the forums and feel free to jump in to any conversation :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 9 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Gannon on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:37 am

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. As I said before, I currently only play Privateer Press wargames, but am down for just about any card or boardgame. In fact this past weekend I played a good game of risk, although I was the first player out.

As a note, our group gets together once every two weeks for gaming, and are getting ready to start in on a Journeyman League. If you've never heard of this, check out the PP website. It's a good resource for getting new players in the game and even starting a new faction for those veterans out there.

Two weeks ago I was introduced to MonPoc and enjoyed it very much, so much that I went out and bought a boatload of boosters and got some good stuff. I've decided to go with G.U.A.R.D. (The good guys) as I usually do, and probably Elementals to keep the 2 monster tag team alive.

Thanks to Danguinius for the intro and also for the voucher, it's been a long time, but I hope to meet you all this upcoming year at any event I can make it to.

Thanks again and I'll see you all around!
Play like you got a Pair!!
Gannon
Rookie

Postby komura on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 am

good evening

I am komura live in toyota city.
I started miniature gaming last summer.
I play warhammet fantasy as dowarf.
Also, interested in 40K, blackpowder,
Pike &shotee,bolt action.
In this Saturday, I will join NH black powder.

Thanks,
komura
Veteran

Postby Primarch on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 am

Welcome to the site Komura san.
Feel free to join any conversations or start your own if you want to.

Regards,
P.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Welcome, komura-san! Please enjoy the forums, and please join any of the conversations here. I live in Mie-ken, and I don't play Warhammer Fantasy or historical games, but I am sure I will meet you at one of the NagoyaHammer events some day. :)

ようこそ、こむらさん。 :) ぜひ、フォーラムの会話に加わって下さい。僕はウオーハマーファンタシーやヒストリカルゲームをしませんけど、いつかナゴヤハマーのイベントで話ましょう。 :)

ごめんね。。。僕の日本語はまだよくないです。 :oops: :oops: :oops:
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 9 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby MBCE on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:42 am

Hello all!

My name is Matthew and I have been playing D&D in the Nagoya area for the past 15 or so years. I also play other games, for example Mutants and Masterminds, World of Darkness, and Deadlands. I'm always up for learning a game as well. Right now, though, I've been focusing my attention on D&D 4E and getting events set up at the Yellow Submarine, the game shop for RPGs in Nagoya.

I play with a set group of players (3 English speakers and 1 Japanese) on Saturday nights and we are always looking for new players to join up. Also, I have been organizing official WotC events (Lair Assault, Encounters, Game Day) at the Yellow Submarine since August. So far, I've been lucky enough to get a nice group of English and Japanese players. I want to get more RPG players together in the area so look for events coming later this year!

こんいちは!

私はマシューと申します。名古屋市で十五年間ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズをやってます。いろいろなRPGもやります。今D&D4版を中心してます。

イエローサブマリン名古屋でWotCのイベントをやります。これから、もっとRPGやってる人を集まりたいです。今年いろいろなイベントをやりますので是非参加してね!
MBCE
Rookie

Postby Primarch on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:41 am

Welcome to Nagoyahammer Matthew. There are a few RPG players around, so hopefully you can find some new players for your campaigns. Personally I am a 3.5 man myself but there are bound to be some people who want to try out D&D 4E. There is a big RPG event in Tsu once or twice a year that you may want to keep an eye out for as well.

Regards,
P.

P.s. This thread was made recently by someone looking for RPG players in Nagoya.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2305
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby wandering_vagabond on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 am

Hi everyone, my name is Luke and I am an Aussie expat living in Ninomiya Kanagawa. For the past year and a bit I have been living in inaka Niigata, with no access to the hobby other than mail order, so I have been building my 40K Space Wolves collection. However, I haven't played a game of 40K in about 4 years, so these days I would consider myself a "beginner" all over again.

I'm looking for the occasional game of 40K in my area on a very casual basis (maybe once a month or so), and to just enjoy the games and the social aspect as much as anything else. 40K has always been a beer-and-pretzels game for me, so I'm not competitive or all that intense. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone.
wandering_vagabond
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions - イントロ