Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: Welcome

Post by Mike the Pike » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 am

Welcome to the forums Koala.

I'm not sure there is anyone else on here from Okayama. Have you found any other players there yet?
However, just across the 'border' in Hiroshima-ken is the lair of the mighty Danguinius, player of 40K and Warmahordes. Apparently there is quite a good scene down that way. Drop him a line if you are in need of a gaming fix. I'm sure he can tell you more about where, when, how and who in that part of the country.

Anyways, once again, welcome. feel free to dive right in to the forums. We don't bite (much) :D

Cheers
MTP
Morituri nolumus mori!

My blog: https://davoutsspecs.wordpress.com/

My Facebook page for 'Rising Son Painting Service'
https://www.facebook.com/pg/risingson76 ... e_internal

My eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/scoundrel_1976

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:05 am

Howdy koala :) as MtP says, welcome aboard. Danguinius is defo your best bet as a contact, but by all means feel free to come up to Nagoya whenever you fancy. We're having a kinda tourney thing during golden week this year (as we do most every year) and its 40k pairs on day one and warmahordes on day two. If you fancy it, you're more than welcome :) other than that, by all means dig around the forums and chip in to whatever conversation tickles your fancy. :)
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:47 am

Commissar-Koala wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm Koala, and I'm originally from America, but now I'm settled in Okayama.

I play 40K (grey knights), a very little FB, and Necromunda, but my very favorite games are Blood Bowl and Warmachine (PoM).

I'm looking forward to having chances to play more here in Japan!
~Koala
Miguel lives in kobe. I am sure he would love to come over and give you a game.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Danguinius
Champion

Post by Danguinius » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Greetings Commissar Koala,

It appears that the padawan is finally becoming a full-fledged jedi. You have beaten me 4 out of our last 5 WarmaHordes battles. Your wargaming skills are vastly improving and I hope you can make it up to Nagoyahammer 2012.

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius

The Underdweller
Champion

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Koala, good to see another...Protectorate of Menoth player on the forums :) Hope you can make it down to Nagoyahammer!

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:31 am

Somebody mentioned my name and I am summoned :twisted: !

Hi Koala, I live in Kobe and would love a game or two sometimes. Starting April and for a limited time my place lacks a wife so it´s available for 40k marathons!

M.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:45 am

In that case I am interested in visiting you for a round or 2 of 40k. April eh. I will check the calendar and get back to you.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:13 am

Pleased with my intro so I'll post it here just for the record :)

I'm Ash the organiser for TSU RPG Festival and Halloween Lovecraft (boardgames and rpg). These run each year, (all 2 of them so far).
I'm married and have a baby on the way so am down to gaming once a month these days instead of almost every weekend. There are plenty of good oikes here to organise something so you shouldn't be stuck for invites.
I would say WH and 40k get played as much as each other. Your best bet is Town Crier for a good source of Citadel and Joshin for end of the month gaming. Mondo books sometimes do Blood Bowl nights.
If you can make the one hour trip please come visit us down in the Borderlands Mie, we have groups in either Kuwana Keep, Yokkaichi, Fort Spevna and Tsu, Centre Palace. :D
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Ichibanpainting
Rookie

Post by Ichibanpainting » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 am

Hello!
I'm Hugo, I'm from Canada
I live in Nishinomiya.
I play a little bit of WH40K, but I'm mostly a painter. I have been modeling since I was 5 and I've been doing commission painting for 6 years now. I'm glad I found this blog might help me find games and help me on the gaming side of the story.

Here if you want to see what I do
http://www.flickr.com/ichibanpainting
I've brought my business online since 2012 so all the pics there are since then.
This year I have a Ultramarine curse, I'm working with a client that keep ordering smurf stuff lol.

Current personal projects are a revenant Titan that will be one of my entry for the 2012 Chicago golden demon.

Also I'll be comming to NagoyaHammer for the painting contest. Unfortunatly I'm not sure what I'll bring since I'm booked heavily with orders right now. Might bring clients model lol

Here are my blog and websites
http://www.ichibanpainting.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/ichibanpainting
Also pretty involve in the war gaming scene on twitter
http://www.twitter.com/ichibanpainting

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:44 am

Welcome to the forums Ichiban, I am sure that you will find the painting subforum of some use in discussing your work and techniques, it is one of the busiest areas of the site.

Looking forward to seeing your work at Nagoyahammer.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”