Welcome

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。
Ichibanpainting
Rookie

Re: Welcome

Post by Ichibanpainting » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:49 am

Thx I'll defenatly Check it out and make time to involve my self in discutions over there!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:37 am

Howdy, Hugo :)

That's some nice work you've got on your Flickr album. Very blue and smurfy :D (which when you're painting blue smurfs is a good thing, of course.) If you're planning on coming to the painty compo at Naghammer, I'd strongly advise bringing some gamey stuff, too, as I don't expect the painting compo to take a huge amount of time. We are still a fairly small group who are mostly into gaming, and gaming is very much the focus of Naghammer. (although if I had my way we'd all be focusing on the painting :P That's definitely where my interests lie, more than gaming.) Are you on CMoN, btw? There are loads of great painters over there who are happy to discuss miniature painting till the cows come home. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Anyway, welcome to the site, and please feel free to chip in to any thread that takes your fancy :) (watch for the dates on, them, tho. Some of em are getting pretty crusty...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Ichibanpainting
Rookie

Post by Ichibanpainting » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:22 am

Yeah the 2012 smurf curse I have! Lol but this curent client is super cool lol I'm working on a Calgar landraider for him and a big tank squad too and to my big pleasure he ordered 2 storm eagle gunship yesterday lol. So I'm stuck with smurfs for a wile. But luckily he wants a Tau army done too.
As for bringing gaming stuff lol I curently don't have an army lol I did but ended up selling it to another client that loved it. So I'm army less. But as I said I'm no noob paint wise but I am game wise. So I'll watch and learn.
Altho I wouldn't mined doing a painting clinic if people would fancy that? Also if my skills are in your opinion worth it lol. I'm a bit sad that I found this website with only one month to the contest. Doesn't give me a great deal of time to do a contest lvl piece but I'll do my best with the time I have.

As for Coolminiornot yes I know it. Honestly I really don't like it people vote on stuff that aren't that great with 10s and other work that a really worth high rating people give them low scores so I kinna stay out of there.
But my work got features on GW what's new Flickr page many times so for me that's a good enough recognition.

Anyway for a clinic if you guys are interested just let me know as I'll have to bring stuff lol

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:42 am

I totally agree about the voting on cmon being pretty wibblywobbly, but the forums are really good for getting advice. Lots of helpful folks with good ideas.

As for a painting clinic - that's not a bad idea at all. I'll take a better look at your work tonight (I'm at work, on the iPhone just now) and I'll see what Prim (the site admin and organizer of Naghammer) thinks. First impressions are that it could be a goer, though :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Ichibanpainting
Rookie

Post by Ichibanpainting » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 am

All the work on the Flickr are for clients so bear that in mind. Of I paint minis for contest I do take more time lol since it's a contest lol. But as I think my works isn't bad at all lol if not I wouldn't have won contest and get interviewed for warhammer pod cast and websites if it wasn't good. Anyway let me know and I'll get ready and plan we I could show case.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:15 am

Welcome to the forums I am a bit of a painter myself but nothing near the level you seem to be. I guess I will just focus on my gaming and leave the painting to the painters. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Ichibanpainting
Rookie

Post by Ichibanpainting » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:25 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Welcome to the forums I am a bit of a painter myself but nothing near the level you seem to be. I guess I will just focus on my gaming and leave the painting to the painters. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm not that good lol! You can see for your self on my Flickr page lol pictures speak for them selfs!
And focus on the paint too lol that the only way to get better is to practice, make mistake, practice then make more mess then learn lol =p

pdfitzg
Rookie

Post by pdfitzg » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi, my name is Paul, and I'm an addict.. LOL, wrong introduction, or is it?

I've been playing 40K since around the time RT was being phased out. Have dabbled in other GW products and miniature games but for one reason or the other, always end up back at 40K. Have introduced many, many new players and enjoy the social aspects of the game as much as the game itself. Quite a few times that game night turned into a beer drinking, BSing, event instead.

I'm not a competitive player but enjoy the game. I love collecting, building, and fluff aspects of 40K, but leave most of the painting up to others (Yes, realize it's sacrilege, but I pay other people to paint most of my models).

I'm actually all the way over in Maryland USA (very near Washington D.C.), but I travel to Japan at least once a year, normally around March/April time frame. That's because my son lives in Akashi Japan and I visit during his school break. He's young, so we've only played a few games, but he's into the fluff and I've built him a size-able Eldar Alaitoc Warhost of about 3000 points.

We normally stop in at Iconoclasm, which sadly isn't what it used to be, and pick up whatever they have that's printed in Japanese (5th Ed starter, GK & Necron Codex, etc) along with a small model or two just to support the store. Planned on playing some games there but the tables are covered with stock. Also very familiar with the GW Japanese site and all of the free PDF books they have. Made sure to download them all since GW is now going to digital download sales with their rule books.

Anyhow, thought I'd sign up on here to keep track of GW related happenings in Japan and maybe during one of my visits get to introduce my son to some players that are his age.
Paul

Armies: IG, BA, SOB

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Welcome! How's it in the States?

You are always welcome to use us for information and keeping a pulse on things in Japan. Your son is also welcome.

You guys may also find some information, your GW stuff (sometimes with a discount), and bump into some players both Japanese and foreign at the Town Cryer in Osu. [Open Friday and the weekends.] The guy who runs the store goes by the name Ikeda. Good dude.
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

pdfitzg
Rookie

Post by pdfitzg » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Things here aren't too bad, despite the media's doom and gloom message and our ever lackluster politicians. :D

Looking forward to exploring the forums and I'll have to incorporate some of the suggestions such as visiting the Town Cryer, into my next visit. I'm not a competitive player but normally lug two small armies with me to Japan so my son and I can play. Locating a dedicated gaming venue would be great.

Well, I've spent a bit too much time on here this morning, so better run.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul

Armies: IG, BA, SOB

Return to “Introductions - イントロ”