Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 am

So far so good for this for me, although exact timing may be iffy. My wife has to work that day (club stuff) and it’s anyones guess when she’ll get home. Probably somewhere between “late enough that I’ll be late” and “early enough that I can go at all”.

Hopefully :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby Konrad on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:42 am

I ought to be able to engineer an escape. Probably, more like 8pm than 7pm and will have to leave before everyone gets drunk and starts crying and hugging.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
User avatar
Konrad
Wargod
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:09 am

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby The Other Dave on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 am

Konrad wrote:leave before everyone gets drunk and starts crying and hugging.

Geez, then why bother! :lol:

To all: I figure we can just meet at the venue - the reservation's under my name. If anyone wants my Line info or whatever just in case, hit me up in PMs.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 63 infantry, 4 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby me_in_japan on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 am

Further info re. mrs Mij’s schedule indicates she’ll be working in Suzuka till 6, so won’t be back till half past at best, so I won’t be getting on a train until maybe 7, maybe half past. How late is this shindig going to go, do you reckon? I’ll need to get last train at the latest, regardless.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
 
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby The Other Dave on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Well, we've got the table at Yamachan 'til 9:30, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if I end up at OXO or something before heading home.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 63 infantry, 4 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby job on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Somebody should bring a board game (or magic cards?) they don't mind getting greasy and spicy.
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
User avatar
job
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Nagoya, Minato-ku

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby Primarch on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 am

The Other Dave wrote:I'll make a reservation for 7 then - if I just reserve a table and not a course menu there won't be any penalty for cancelling, so those of you on the fence can not worry.

For the moment, I'll just go for "whichever of the many Yamachans in Kanayama has seats available" at say 6:00 on Saturday? Unless someone prefers a different time?

And if anybody else wants to come, pipe up!

Is this booked for 6pm then?
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9400
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby The Other Dave on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:21 am

Primarch wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:I'll make a reservation for 7 then - if I just reserve a table and not a course menu there won't be any penalty for cancelling, so those of you on the fence can not worry.

For the moment, I'll just go for "whichever of the many Yamachans in Kanayama has seats available" at say 6:00 on Saturday? Unless someone prefers a different time?

And if anybody else wants to come, pipe up!

Is this booked for 6pm then?

Crap, I glanced at my post when I made the reservation and only saw the numeral - it's for 7:00.

By way of apology, if anybody wants to meet an hour early at OXO for pre-festivities I'd certainly be up for that. :lol:
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 63 infantry, 4 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby Primarch on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:33 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Primarch wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:I'll make a reservation for 7 then - if I just reserve a table and not a course menu there won't be any penalty for cancelling, so those of you on the fence can not worry.

For the moment, I'll just go for "whichever of the many Yamachans in Kanayama has seats available" at say 6:00 on Saturday? Unless someone prefers a different time?

And if anybody else wants to come, pipe up!

Is this booked for 6pm then?

Crap, I glanced at my post when I made the reservation and only saw the numeral - it's for 7:00.

By way of apology, if anybody wants to meet an hour early at OXO for pre-festivities I'd certainly be up for that. :lol:

Ok, I'll meet you at OXO at 6 then.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9400
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Postby YellowStreak on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:47 am

job wrote:Somebody should bring a board game (or magic cards?) they don't mind getting greasy and spicy.

How about cards against humanity?
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
User avatar
YellowStreak
Legend
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Chubu

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest