Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
Posts: 6777
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 am

So far so good for this for me, although exact timing may be iffy. My wife has to work that day (club stuff) and it’s anyones guess when she’ll get home. Probably somewhere between “late enough that I’ll be late” and “early enough that I can go at all”.

Hopefully :)
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

User avatar
Konrad
Wargod
Posts: 2211
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:09 am

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by Konrad » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:42 am

I ought to be able to engineer an escape. Probably, more like 8pm than 7pm and will have to leave before everyone gets drunk and starts crying and hugging.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3861
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 am

Konrad wrote:leave before everyone gets drunk and starts crying and hugging.
Geez, then why bother! :lol:

To all: I figure we can just meet at the venue - the reservation's under my name. If anyone wants my Line info or whatever just in case, hit me up in PMs.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 51 [8] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [65] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 [5] Titans, 6 [4] Knights

User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
Posts: 6777
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 am

Further info re. mrs Mij’s schedule indicates she’ll be working in Suzuka till 6, so won’t be back till half past at best, so I won’t be getting on a train until maybe 7, maybe half past. How late is this shindig going to go, do you reckon? I’ll need to get last train at the latest, regardless.
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3861
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Well, we've got the table at Yamachan 'til 9:30, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if I end up at OXO or something before heading home.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 51 [8] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [65] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 [5] Titans, 6 [4] Knights

User avatar
job
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Nagoya, Minato-ku

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by job » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:51 pm

Somebody should bring a board game (or magic cards?) they don't mind getting greasy and spicy.
Models Painted, 2019
32 28mm miniature
1 walker

User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
Posts: 10200
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by Primarch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 am

The Other Dave wrote:I'll make a reservation for 7 then - if I just reserve a table and not a course menu there won't be any penalty for cancelling, so those of you on the fence can not worry.

For the moment, I'll just go for "whichever of the many Yamachans in Kanayama has seats available" at say 6:00 on Saturday? Unless someone prefers a different time?

And if anybody else wants to come, pipe up!
Is this booked for 6pm then?
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 3861
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:21 am

Primarch wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:I'll make a reservation for 7 then - if I just reserve a table and not a course menu there won't be any penalty for cancelling, so those of you on the fence can not worry.

For the moment, I'll just go for "whichever of the many Yamachans in Kanayama has seats available" at say 6:00 on Saturday? Unless someone prefers a different time?

And if anybody else wants to come, pipe up!
Is this booked for 6pm then?
Crap, I glanced at my post when I made the reservation and only saw the numeral - it's for 7:00.

By way of apology, if anybody wants to meet an hour early at OXO for pre-festivities I'd certainly be up for that. :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 51 [8] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [65] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 [5] Titans, 6 [4] Knights

User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
Posts: 10200
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by Primarch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:33 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Primarch wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:I'll make a reservation for 7 then - if I just reserve a table and not a course menu there won't be any penalty for cancelling, so those of you on the fence can not worry.

For the moment, I'll just go for "whichever of the many Yamachans in Kanayama has seats available" at say 6:00 on Saturday? Unless someone prefers a different time?

And if anybody else wants to come, pipe up!
Is this booked for 6pm then?
Crap, I glanced at my post when I made the reservation and only saw the numeral - it's for 7:00.

By way of apology, if anybody wants to meet an hour early at OXO for pre-festivities I'd certainly be up for that. :lol:
Ok, I'll meet you at OXO at 6 then.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

User avatar
YellowStreak
Legend
Posts: 1311
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Re: Saturday, March 17th - Raise a Beer for YellowStreak

Post by YellowStreak » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:47 am

job wrote:Somebody should bring a board game (or magic cards?) they don't mind getting greasy and spicy.
How about cards against humanity?
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Necromunda Gor-liaths
Walking Dead Survivors/Zombies
Zombicide base set (so many zombies!)
Test of Honour Samurai
Rangers of Shadow Deep Rangers+Monsters
Astral Hams BigMarines

Post Reply

Return to “Chubu”