Like a bad penny...

For people living in the Chubu region of Japan
Post Reply
User avatar
YellowStreak
Legend
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Like a bad penny...

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:53 am

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen

I'm going to be back in Japan for basically all of October -- on the weekends at least; as I will be doing a bunch of business trips in Asia (5 countries in 4 weeks) from mon-fri each week.

I'm planning to bring a limited selection of minis (Spev and I plan to try out Thud and Blunderhttps://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare ... d-blunder/) so I hope to catch up with some of you if not to roll dice, then perhaps to down some pints. :D

Prim & Koji, perhaps we could arrange to continue Detective Donny Chen and the American Ninja's face off with the Yakuza in "Little Tokyo Supercop Kung Fu Showdown II"
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Blood and Valour Gallipoli ANZACs
Fantasy Savage Orks and Empire troops
Warhammer Quest The '95 original!

User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Like a bad penny...

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:36 am

Awesome! Hope we can get some beers at least!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 87 infantry
40K-iverse: 62 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
Posts: 10354
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Like a bad penny...

Post by Primarch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am

Drat, I thought we had got rid of you. :lol:

Oh well.

That Thud and Blunder is by the same people as In Her Majesty's Name/In The Emperor's Name? Those aren't bad systems for skirmishes, they're fairly straightforward. Hopefully T&B is fun.

I have been working on some additions to the cast for my own little system. I just need to do some bases and some varnishing. Hopefully we'll get a chance to play it while you are here.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

User avatar
YellowStreak
Legend
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Re: Like a bad penny...

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 am

Primarch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am
Drat, I thought we had got rid of you. :lol:
You wish you were that lucky! :lol:
Primarch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am
That Thud and Blunder is by the same people as In Her Majesty's Name/In The Emperor's Name? Those aren't bad systems for skirmishes, they're fairly straightforward. Hopefully T&B is fun.
Yeah I think so. looks pretty straightforward and fun. I'll be bringing it with me so happy to show you if we have the chance.
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Blood and Valour Gallipoli ANZACs
Fantasy Savage Orks and Empire troops
Warhammer Quest The '95 original!

User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
Posts: 10354
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya
Contact:

Re: Like a bad penny...

Post by Primarch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 am

YellowStreak wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 am
Primarch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am
Drat, I thought we had got rid of you. :lol:
You wish you were that lucky! :lol:
:cry:
YellowStreak wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 am
Primarch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am
That Thud and Blunder is by the same people as In Her Majesty's Name/In The Emperor's Name? Those aren't bad systems for skirmishes, they're fairly straightforward. Hopefully T&B is fun.
Yeah I think so. looks pretty straightforward and fun. I'll be bringing it with me so happy to show you if we have the chance.
Great. I wouldn't mind ineffectually shooting up your Reclaimers in TNT again too, if you have space for them. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

User avatar
YellowStreak
Legend
Posts: 1287
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Re: Like a bad penny...

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Primarch wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 am
YellowStreak wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 am
Primarch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am
Drat, I thought we had got rid of you. :lol:
You wish you were that lucky! :lol:
:cry:
YellowStreak wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:35 am
Primarch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am
That Thud and Blunder is by the same people as In Her Majesty's Name/In The Emperor's Name? Those aren't bad systems for skirmishes, they're fairly straightforward. Hopefully T&B is fun.
Yeah I think so. looks pretty straightforward and fun. I'll be bringing it with me so happy to show you if we have the chance.
Great. I wouldn't mind ineffectually shooting up your Reclaimers in TNT again too, if you have space for them. :D
I should be able to fit them in!
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Blood and Valour Gallipoli ANZACs
Fantasy Savage Orks and Empire troops
Warhammer Quest The '95 original!

User avatar
kojibear
Legend
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Like a bad penny...

Post by kojibear » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:31 am

That's great mate. It will be great to catch up and to get some gaming in if we can!

(We may just have to keep you here. Texas can have you back when we are done. ;) )

Post Reply

Return to “Chubu”