NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events

NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 am

An open thread to organize games on Friday May 3! Feel free to use this day for bigger games of 40K, historicals, Necromunda, what have you.
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K: 14 Infantry
Age of Sigmar: 5 Infantry
Shadespire: 3 Infantry
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 am

As for myself, I’d like to organize a Kill Team campaign for any who are interested. Here is the preliminary rules and expectations doc I’ve worked up - comments are welcome!

Command Roster
* You may begin with a full 20-model command roster – with the no-resources way recruiting works, and the possibility of larger games if people use commanders, I don’t really see the point of starting with a limited number of models.
* You may include commanders in your roster if you wish, but using one in a given game will require your opponent’s agreement. Any commanders on your roster will count towards your 20-model limit.
* Begin with 1 XP on all models.
* Begin with 8 of each resource.

Games
* Games will go entirely RAW - I’ll do opponent matching, you’ll choose your kill team from your roster after finding out what faction your opponent is using, roll for a scenario from the book, all that stuff.
* There will be 5 rounds throughout the day, played at 100 points, 100 points, 125 points, 125 points, and 150 points respectively (as people will be leveling up and getting more expensive). I think this will be doable in the 7-8 hours we’ll have, but as I get some exploratory games in in the months leading up to the event I may revise a bit.
* The player who ends the day with the most total resources will be the winner.

* The only wrinkle is Commanders, which I’ll allow, but require opponent’s consent. If you and your opponent both agree to a game using (a) commander(s), you may use the scenarios from the Commanders book, adding 100 to the maximum points value allowed for the round.
* If only one player will be using a commander, roll a D3 to choose the mission:
1: Cut Off the Head, 2: Authentication Protocols, 3: Tip of the Spear
* If both players will be using a commander, roll a D6 to choose the mission:
1: A Meeting of Fates, 2: Comms Down, 3: Hold the Line, 4: Exemplars of War, 5: All-Out Attack, 6: Reclamation Raid
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:14 pm

I'd be up for some Kill Team. I'm also quite into Shadespire just now, if anybody fancies squeezing in a game or two of that? I still need to confirm whether or not I can actually attend one/both days, but for now I'm just sharing my opinions on games I fancy :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I'd be up for some Kill Team. I'm also quite into Shadespire just now, if anybody fancies squeezing in a game or two of that? I still need to confirm whether or not I can actually attend one/both days, but for now I'm just sharing my opinions on games I fancy :)

Provisionally, I'd absolutely be up to try and squeeze in a game or three, if'n you can make it - but I'll wait to commit until I see how used I get to the KT rules. :oops:
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Return to NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント