NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Details of upcoming NagoyaHammer events

NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 am

An open thread to organize games on Friday May 3! Feel free to use this day for bigger games of 40K, historicals, Necromunda, what have you.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 41 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 15 Infantry
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NagoyaHammer 2019: Free Play Day, May 3

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 am

As for myself, I’d like to organize a Kill Team campaign for any who are interested. Here is the preliminary rules and expectations doc I’ve worked up - comments are welcome!

Command Roster
* You may begin with a full 20-model command roster – with the no-resources way recruiting works, and the possibility of larger games if people use commanders, I don’t really see the point of starting with a limited number of models.
* You may include commanders in your roster if you wish, but using one in a given game will require your opponent’s agreement. Any commanders on your roster will count towards your 20-model limit.
* Begin with 1 XP on all models.
* Begin with 8 of each resource.

Games
* Games will go entirely RAW - I’ll do opponent matching, you’ll choose your kill team from your roster after finding out what faction your opponent is using, roll for a scenario from the book, all that stuff.
* There will be 5 rounds throughout the day, played at 100 points, 100 points, 125 points, 125 points, and 150 points respectively (as people will be leveling up and getting more expensive). I think this will be doable in the 7-8 hours we’ll have, but as I get some exploratory games in in the months leading up to the event I may revise a bit.
* The player who ends the day with the most total resources will be the winner.

* The only wrinkle is Commanders, which I’ll allow, but require opponent’s consent. If you and your opponent both agree to a game using (a) commander(s), you may use the scenarios from the Commanders book, adding 100 to the maximum points value allowed for the round.
* If only one player will be using a commander, roll a D3 to choose the mission:
1: Cut Off the Head, 2: Authentication Protocols, 3: Tip of the Spear
* If both players will be using a commander, roll a D6 to choose the mission:
1: A Meeting of Fates, 2: Comms Down, 3: Hold the Line, 4: Exemplars of War, 5: All-Out Attack, 6: Reclamation Raid
-----
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:14 pm

I'd be up for some Kill Team. I'm also quite into Shadespire just now, if anybody fancies squeezing in a game or two of that? I still need to confirm whether or not I can actually attend one/both days, but for now I'm just sharing my opinions on games I fancy :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby The Other Dave on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I'd be up for some Kill Team. I'm also quite into Shadespire just now, if anybody fancies squeezing in a game or two of that? I still need to confirm whether or not I can actually attend one/both days, but for now I'm just sharing my opinions on games I fancy :)

Provisionally, I'd absolutely be up to try and squeeze in a game or three, if'n you can make it - but I'll wait to commit until I see how used I get to the KT rules. :oops:
-----
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby The Other Dave on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Also, if anybody else is thinking of setting up some sort of organized play on this day, feel free! You can either use this thread to announce / workshop it, or start another if you think it'll be more involved.
-----
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Return to NagoyaHammer Events - 名古屋八ンマーイベント