Nagoya and Forge World play

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000

Nagoya and Forge World play

Postby asrayel on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:30 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone ever plays with Forgeworld stuff at the Nagoya game day events. I've got a Wraithseer and Warp Hunter just sitting around, and with the new codex out, they'd be totally cool with my Yme-Loc army. I mean, I've got a couple of super heavies too, but I don't foresee any Apocalypse games in the future sadly :cry:
asrayel
Rookie

Re: Nagoya and Forge World play

Postby Mike the Pike on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 am

No worries mate, we had this fight years ago and figured “Ah well, why not?”
We figured the “Don’t be that guy/gal!” Rule should be enough.
Prim will probably be along at some point to give you a definite ‘yeah’ or ‘nay’ but it should be OK.
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Postby Primarch on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:59 am

As far as previous NagoyaHammer events were concerned, FW toys were fine. At the monthly events I think everyone was cool with them provided they were forewarned about them. As for FW in the new edition, I really have no idea. I guess it would still be polite to give your opponent a quick heads up before putting anything on the table, just in case.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:51 am

I’m a bit of a serial user of FW stuff, and have used hornets, a Warp Hunter and a Blight Drone at past Naghammer events. A couple years ago I used my Eldar Corsair army. All fine, nobody had any issues with em. I also have a Revenant Titan and one of those mahoosive-D-cannon superheavies (the name of which escapes me right now) which I haven’t ever brought to an event, due to them being horrific. Now, if you wanted to specifically arrange a game at a regular Sunday game where your opponent knew in advance what they’d be up against, that’d be a whole ‘nother thing.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby job on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Basically it is as the guys write above. Buy and paint what you like. Check with your gaming partner that it is OK. And just use some common sense to not bring anything that will poo-poo another player's experience.

Personally I have a number of forgeworld products: a Brass Scorpion, Blood Slaughterer, a couple of Infernal Dreadnaughts, Scarian tank, a Stormsword and Hellblade. I enjoy using them all. Yeah, the Brass Scorpion has only made it on the table twice, but is awesome!
Models Painted, 2014
24 10mm vehicles, 30 10mm figures
11 15mm vehicles, 71 15mm models, 4 guns
124 28mm models
9 28mm vehicles or monsters (1 Sturmgeschetz III, 1 Sdkfz 250/9, 1 Panzer V, 2 gyroflyers, 1 Rhino, 1 Daemon Prince, 1 Defiler, 1 Helbrute)
job
Wargod

Postby asrayel on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Excellent! Yeah, I figured a heads up would be a good idea indeed. If anyone does want to throw down with some big daddy units, I'd be game at some point!
asrayel
Rookie

Return to Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000