Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Karantu
Veteran

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Karantu » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:15 pm

It's probably just the upgrade sprue that's resin so let's just be honest Dave... I'm going to have to get ready to face that thing in melee...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:46 pm

Haha :lol: Mostly at this point it's a "where will I store a third warlord" issue. Apparently it has rules and is an absolute beast in Horus Heresy, even given that it's a warlord titan at 28mm.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 98 infantry
40K-iverse: 87 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:02 am

It's hard to justify owning 3 if you're unlikely to field all 3 together I suppose. Since you already have the fist/claw for the Warlord you could just just one as the Psitan without that upgrade sprue. I'm just glad that their main lineup is plastic. I wanna get some of the plastic weapons upgrades though to try out new loadouts.

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:45 pm
Huh. If rumors are to be believed, and price-point rumors are usually solid, that AT starter box is going to be 90 GBP - the models alone retail for 130.

Also apparently they're going to be moving to thinner card for the terminals and packaging them together with the titans, which is a very welcome development.
The Warbringer coming with a command terminal was nice but it and the weapon cards are way lower quality than the existing cards and terminals. Also the thin card command terminal doesn't have holes to be usable with the pips that are used with the old terminals. Even if you did punch holes in it its a bit too thin so I might end up either magnetizing the terminals or just going digital. Also it didn't have a card for the arm mounted reaver-class volcano cannon so that sucks for anyone who doesn't already own that card.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:59 pm

The embiggening continues.
Ghaz and Ragnar both got the Primaris treatment.

Also, because nobody asked:
New Base Sizes.
Citadel 28.5mm Base Pack
You may have noticed a new base size in the Warhammer 40,000 range of late. Howling Banshees, Incubi, and Sisters Repentia are mounted on a new base, between the 25mm base and the 32mm. This kit allows you to rebase your older models if you’d like to bring them into line, or just keep some extras to build up your own custom scenic bases.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:37 pm

From what I can tell from their pictures, the new Ghaz still looks a tad bit small given the size creep these days. He looks around the size of a regular dreadnought maybe? I feel like something along the lines of a Redemptor would've been more suitable.
Anyway, it looks like he's going to be coming in a box set with the Space Wolves so if that's the case I'm looking for someone to split that with I guess. Paging the only Space Wolves player I know.
Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 pm
On the topic of base sizes... They had some of the Warcry stuff on the new bases too if I'm not mistaken and it seems like a happy medium between the Space Marine's 32mm and the Guardsman's 25mm. I'm pretty sure no one is happy about re-basing anything and I'm glad isn't not such a huge deal in regular games.

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:01 pm

I'm 100% getting that box so if you want to save the Ork half from getting built but never used or painted be my guest 😅

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:01 pm
I'm 100% getting that box so if you want to save the Ork half from getting built but never used or painted be my guest 😅
No promises about when it'll get painted but sure.

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:24 am

Karantu wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:20 pm
No promises about when it'll get painted but sure.
Sweet. If you don't mind I'll order it from Plamojuku for the discount (and to support my FLGS), and then get you your half however is most convenient to you - April game day or meet up somewhere or whatever.

I will definitely use Ragnar as soon as I can, I just need a different head to stick on him so...uh, she doesn't break theme. Then I think I'll put his head on another Sequitor for Warcry, the cycle continues.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:28 am

Just to save us the effort of clicking through:

They're verra nice, Ghaz especially (I love how the horns on his bull skull are exhaust pipes), but man "character models must be perched on a piece of rubble" has really been overdone at this point.

It is also important at junctures like this to share Ghaz' original model:

As for base sizes, 40K 8th is in a kind of weird place. It's like, base sizes do not matter at all for game mechanics, except in the particular cases of close combat and measuring auras, when they suddenly matter a great deal. To my mind it's not fantastic, design-wise.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 98 infantry
40K-iverse: 87 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”