Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Karantu
Veteran

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Karantu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:57 am

With GW's releases back on track they seem to have noticed that I haven't been spending enough money lately and have decided to release the next Aeronautica Imperialis box set. Since its Tau vs Imperial Navy I'm obviously getting at least one box and I was wondering if anyone's interesting in the Imperial half of a box or two.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Karantu wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:57 am
Since its Tau vs Imperial Navy I'm obviously getting at least one box and I was wondering if anyone's interesting in the Imperial half of a box or two.

Theoretically, yes. Largely depending on cost and the assumption that the Imperial side can add in minis from the first set of releases like Thunderbolts.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300,
in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417.

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:37 pm

Primarch wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Theoretically, yes. Largely depending on cost and the assumption that the Imperial side can add in minis from the first set of releases like Thunderbolts.
I'm guessing its going to be the same price as the first box set so 12,900, unless they decide that this needs a price hike too.
And whether or not they can be used with the Imperial Navy ships from the first wave, their community article makes it sound like you could but I wouldn't trust that 100%.

"Build a mighty fleet of Astra Militarum aircraft, or add wings of fighters to bolster your Imperial Navy squadron! " - Warhammer Community article

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Ok, yeah, I'm interested. I'll probably want to add some Thunderbolts and Marauders at some stage, so compatibility between sets is important. The article says the new box can be used alongside the previous one, so I'll take GW at their word.

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:22 pm

So they showed off the new box set today, but since we've already seen the models there's nothing new there... but....this....
This just proves that Space Marines are just a bunch of college dudes out to have a good time (at the expense of all the Xenos...)
And then there's this.
A static emplacement... Hopefully they somehow make static emplacement style units good for factions other than Space Marines though.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Karantu wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:22 pm
So they showed off the new box set today, but since we've already seen the models there's nothing new there... but....this....
This just proves that Space Marines are just a bunch of college dudes out to have a good time (at the expense of all the Xenos...)
And then there's this.
A static emplacement... Hopefully they somehow make static emplacement style units good for factions other than Space Marines though.
I like the static defence platform.

But the toy car? Dear lord no!

I found this on the web.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:16 pm

That buggy is... not good.

I’m in lurve with the Necron walkers though. (But not enough to post pics while I’m in my iPad :D )
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 87 infantry
40K-iverse: 39 infantry, 1 monster, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:32 am
I think that there's an argument to be made that it would have been trivially easy for the rules folks to make this model fieldable in an Eldar army, and the number of people who would then have been happy to be able to use a cool Eldar model in their Eldar army is probably several orders of magnitude greater than the number of people who would have pushed their glasses up their nose and said, "well, actually, the lore says..." (which, not having read the book, is the only reason I can think they made him Imperium-only).
You're not wrong, but they would either need to give them Stern as well or give him a mechanical identity distinct from her (currently he is mostly a Feel No Pain aura for her). Without knowing her full rules hard to say if the former would be a problem. The latter was probably not on the table since being her offsider appears to be why he got a model at all.

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:08 am

Also as someone who might very well buy and field her I'm feeling mildly inconvenienced by the lack of detailed reviews that usually pop up post preorder. I'm still very unclear on whether she or the Inquisitor are actually any good, and the book itself is very light on in content, especially in comparison to the last two.

Characters that don't take up org slots may be very valuable in a world where we pay for detachments.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”