Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
jus

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by jus » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:19 pm

So... they just had a warhammer preview and er, Warhammer quest was fully revealed! So much for drip feeding us a character a week. Maybe they decided to push the release forward. Maybe a last fiscal year push? (I don't know, that's just a guess. I don't know the first thing about economics in the UK)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:11 pm

Some of the minis in that set are awesome. Others... less so. It seems like they put a lot of effort into the zombies, they look far better than the old multipart WFB kit, but (and this is just my own, personal opinion here) they look kind of dumb.

The new Wight Lord looks amazing. As for the new Stormcast:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwUilIo036g
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:00 pm

I agree with @Primarch about the nw models having a lot of effort put into them but it being a bit too much in the wrong direction in some cases. The tomb stone zombies seem a bit too comedic and silly for my taste and I feel like they could've had them toting around their graves without it being so cartoony. Also as good as the new skeleton models look, I'm not a huge fan of their odd slanted, slightly drunk looking poses. I guess they were going for the whole shambling dead vibe but I personally prefer a more stoic unwavering feel to my undead over them being out of a Michael Jackson music video. I'm just glad I went with the Ossiarch Bonereapers over Deathrattle since they suit my prefered style a lot better.

Cursed City as a whole looks pretty good honestly and I'd get it if I ever had time to paint/play it. (Or the space)

Jye Nicolson
Champion

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 pm

I love the zombies; the idea that people are buried literally impaled by their own tombstones to keep them down and it's still not enough is hilarious and awesome.

You would think they'd switch to cremation at that point though.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:23 am

Yeah, the zombies are... unique, and I'm straight up not a fan of the ogre zombies, BUT on the other hand yet another iteration of bog-standard evil dead zombies would have been kind of dull. Thinking of it, the very specific impaled-on-gravestones thing reminds me very strongly (as much of the set does, really) of Darkest Dungeon and its own often very-specific creature design.
Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 pm
You would think they'd switch to cremation at that point though.
Then you just get ash wraiths or something, and nobody wants that. :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2021:
Adeptus Titanicus: 16 Knights
40K-iverse: 9 infantry, 1 vehicle
Current backlog: 44 models in 13 lots

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 pm

I like em. As has been said, there are plenty of regular shuffling horde type zombies, and these guys at least look a bit different. Love em or hate em, going forward, folks are going to describe any Zs with tombstones or similar on em as being "like those guys from warhammer quest"

The zombie ogres are...honestly, I didnt know what I was looking at until I read they were ogres, and then it all made sense. Probably a scale issue, tbh. Couldnt see they were on bigger bases.

Essentially, some of the sculpts are phenomenal, most are ok, and none suck. I really like the feral vampire dudes. Those rock, and I would loooooove to see some of them in Underworlds (which is where I get my AoS fix).

I've been on a right hobby bender recently, and overspent a bit horribly on X-wing stuff*, so I'm going to dial it back a bit. Thus, I probably wont be getting this game. Meh, honestly, I'd never've played it anyway, and the minis wouldve sat there in their grey unpainted state and made me feel guilty. 'S probably for the best :)

*I also just dropped fifty bleedin' quid on paintbrushes. Fifty quid! *brrrr* Should last for a long time, though, hopefully, as I got plenty. I hate buying paintbrushes, btw, which is why I tend to use my current ones until theyre a collection of split ends on a stick. Looking forward to owning a brush that actually comes to a point again soon :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Karantu
Veteran

Post by Karantu » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 am

The Death Guard FAQs are in and I feel like this was a bit much... It felt appropriate that it would ignore difficult ground since the Death Guard are traditionally good at trench warfare and they're already slower than regular Space Marines to begin with but I guess GW thought otherwise. Apparently now it only interacts with an extremely limited number of rules so there's not much point in even remembering it.

Balloonacorn
Warrior

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:57 am

Death FAQ - Daemon Princes can now be taken with a Lord - no more key word!!!!!
Malerion in transition

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 am

Balloonacorn wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:57 am
Death FAQ - Daemon Princes can now be taken with a Lord - no more key word!!!!!
This is what piques my interest too, especially with my Lord on the cusp of apotheosis. (I just have to deal with not liking any of the GW or third-party nurglesque demon prince models...) TBQH, with Death Guard where they are now, a bit of a movement nerf doesn't really worry me.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2021:
Adeptus Titanicus: 16 Knights
40K-iverse: 9 infantry, 1 vehicle
Current backlog: 44 models in 13 lots

Jye Nicolson
Champion

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:47 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 am
TBQH, with Death Guard where they are now, a bit of a movement nerf doesn't really worry me.
I think in practice I think we both forgot that rule on Sunday anyway :lol: Which to be honest was to my benefit as my Droning plague should not have affected you at all. If you'd gotten a charge off with your melee marines getting a couple of extra inches of movement it would have made things very different.

Edit: what I didn't realise is I could have Droining'd the *Blood Angels* as you only lose the base plague by souping, not your extra ones. Not that doing so would have altered the outcome with the guard tank happily stationary in the back corner lighting me up :lol:

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”