Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Mattb
Warrior

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Mattb » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:15 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:04 am
Primarch wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am
The new terrain looks great :D , the new minis look very... generic. :(
I imagine that's the point - they wanted underhive scum that didn't show any allegience to any house, chaos cults, genestealers, or what have you. When you file off any identifying qualities, you end up with... kind of generic techno-barbaric dudesters. :lol:
Yeah, this is exactly what I thought and I think they did it fairly well. I'm not too sure how flashy and unique people expected random lowclass Imperial citizens to be. :lol:

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 am

Mattb wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:15 am
The Other Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:04 am
Primarch wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:56 am
The new terrain looks great :D , the new minis look very... generic. :(
I imagine that's the point - they wanted underhive scum that didn't show any allegience to any house, chaos cults, genestealers, or what have you. When you file off any identifying qualities, you end up with... kind of generic techno-barbaric dudesters. :lol:
Yeah, this is exactly what I thought and I think they did it fairly well. I'm not too sure how flashy and unique people expected random lowclass Imperial citizens to be. :lol:
Quite the opposite really. As outlaws living beyond the fringes of Imperial control in the underhive of a world infamous for being a terrible place to live, they look too clean and tidy. Nothing about them really says 'These people are eking out an existence in conditions that even lowborn citizens would find impossible.' By Imperial standards they look middle class.

"Well, I'm an outlaw just now, but that's only because I wanted to take a sabbatical from my job as an accountant."
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mattb
Warrior

Post by Mattb » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:58 am

Primarch wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 am
Quite the opposite really. As outlaws living beyond the fringes of Imperial control in the underhive of a world infamous for being a terrible place to live, they look too clean and tidy. Nothing about them really says 'These people are eking out an existence in conditions that even lowborn citizens would find impossible.' By Imperial standards they look middle class.

"Well, I'm an outlaw just now, but that's only because I wanted to take a sabbatical from my job as an accountant."
I don't think they're necessarily supposed to be destitute - they could be bounty hunters, scavengers, traders, bandits etc. They're supposed to be similar to the gangs aesthetically without being from a specific house and I'm not sure if their tattered clothes and scavenged armour looks anymore tidy than the regular Necromunda models.

Each to their own though, of coarse. I just appreciate how easily they could be converted into something else with little effort - Genestealer/Chaos cultists, Inquisitorial or Ministorum henchmen, Imperial Guard conscripts etc.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 am

Yeah, FWIW the current Necromunda background is that House gangs are generally pretty well-funded and well-supported by their houses (well, except for Cawdor, but they're literal garbage men) - they're a step or two above "standard" underhivers. So people who aren't in House gangs aren't like hoboes or anything, they just don't have an association with or backing from a house.

Going with the Old West analogy Necromunda traditionally leans on, house gangs would be like the bandits bankrolled by the train company, and these guys would be more the regular townspeople the bandits are shaking down.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2021:
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan, 16 Knights
40K-iverse: 32 infantry, 4 vehicles
AoS-iverse: 71 infantry
Current backlog: 20 models in 4 lots

jus

Post by jus » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:10 am

Balloonacorn wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:24 pm

? no one plays Necromunda here?
I happen to have the old core box and all sprues for all the gangs. I&ve only ever played it once though. It was pretty fun!

@Matt: Totally agree. This kit is defo conversion heaven. If I get this box I'd have to find my Blanchitsu hat and my green stuff. Just imagine the possiblitie!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:58 am

@jus- Is it one of these hats?

@Ballooncorn- I love me some Necro nearly as much as some GoMo. The Community Edition https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/ ... ulebook.1/ is terrific for some old-school grim-darkery.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Konrad wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:58 am
@jus- Is it one of these hats?

@Ballooncorn- I love me some Necro nearly as much as some GoMo. The Community Edition https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/ ... ulebook.1/ is terrific for some old-school grim-darkery.
Wow! Very Cool. Thank you very much.
Malerion in transition

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”