Units fighting after consolidation moves

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000

Units fighting after consolidation moves

Postby asrayel on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 am

So I've been watching a lot of online battle reports recently, and one thing that is pretty common is that if one player consolidates into another after winning a fight, then the second person gets to fight. The consolidating player doesn't (as consolidation is the last move of their fight phase, and also "no unit can be selected to fight more than once"), but any model that is within 1" of another during the fight phase may be activated.

Just thought I'd put that out there as the fight phase is still a bit confusing almost a year into 8th edition.
asrayel
Rookie

Re: Units fighting after consolidation moves

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:38 pm

That makes sense, although certainly it’s a somewhat uncommon area of the rules to explore. But aye - it seems reasonable from both a gameplay and fluff point of view.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Units fighting after consolidation moves

Postby AndrewGPaul on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:41 am

Things t bear in mind - yes, that enemy squad gets to fight you, but on the other hand, it means they won't get to shoot you, charge you and then fight you. :) Depending on what you're consolidating into, that may be worth taking the hits. It certainly was for the Ultramarines Assault Squad that singlehandedly annihilated my Imperial Guard infantry platoon last week - free hits from Heavy Weapon Squads weren't worth worrying about for them. :)
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Return to Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000