If you could choose the next 40K army...

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000

If you could choose the next 40K army...

Postby Primarch on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:04 am

GW seems bent on churning out new Codecies at a fairly rapid pace, be it for existing armies such as Eldar, subfactions from within a bigger force such as Death Guard, or even a new army such as the Custodes. At some stage they're going to cover all of the existing forces (maybe they'll even do Sisters of Battle. :lol: ), which then leads to the question, What Next?

So, in the interests of baseless, rampant, scurrilous and perhaps even heretical speculation, which army/force/faction from the 40K universe would you like to see brought into the game? Who deserves a full codex and a broad range of miniatures in your opinion?

Given the origins of the game, I do feel that it's a shame we don't have any Rogue Trader options. Brave (or greedy) explorers traversing the galaxy with their crew offers a lot of scope for customisation and conversions. From the captain and his retinue, to the armsmen of the crew, you could have plenty of options for modelling. You wouldn't necessarily be stuck with the same old Imperial options either as you could add in more esoteric or exotic designs that the trader has picked up on their journeys.

Failing that I'd suggest Generic Marine Chapter 17-B as being worthy of it's own codex. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, what would you like to see brought to the game?
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: If you could choose the next 40K army...

Postby kojibear on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 am

Rogue traders would be cool. :) Boldly going where no trader has been before.

Selfishly, Eldar Exodites would certainly be one codex I'd be Keen for, especially as I have a converted exodite army now. The sad thing would be that I'd still have to use my models as counts as :D lol... :?
kojibear
Legend

Postby job on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 am

Dark Mecahnicus

Or

Traitor Guard: (they have forgeworld list in an index, but nothing like full treatment.)
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Primarch on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

I figured Exodites would be mentioned.

Dark Mechanicus sounds like a great faction. All of the cool toys of the regular Mechanicus with none of the (admittedly VERY limited) morality. :lol:

I know that FW did the Vraks books that featured a Chaos Cult army list, but I have no idea how it would translate into 8th. I guess that is what the Index covers? The Gaunt's Ghosts series covers the mortal forces of Chaos in a lot of depth and portrays them as being a well organised and disciplined army of elite troops as opposed to the standard horde of mad cultists. It'd be nice to have that option to play with too I guess.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby The Underdweller on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:14 pm

A Tau Xenos Allied Army with more than 2 types of Xenos
The Underdweller
Champion

Postby jehan-reznor on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:29 pm

The return of Sisters of battle!
jehan-reznor
Champion

Postby Miguelsan on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Marine Terciaris! Because after the elite, and the elite of the elite, we need all those little marines that could!

M.
Miguelsan
Veteran

Postby AndrewGPaul on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Eldar Exodites, a standalone army list for Chaos cults - including beastmen and an assortment of gribbly things and Adeptus Arbites, please.

I always thought a "well-organised" Chaos cult army list is ... Astra Militarum with different faction keywords or a special rule along the lines of the Genestealer Cults.
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Postby me_in_japan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 am

Most options have already been mentioned. I order I’d like to see: Exodites, proper traitor guard with a mix of IG type stuff with added daemon engine fun, plus maybe even non-standard daemons (eg non marine daemon princes). Dark Mech would fit in here well, too. Proper Tau with alien allies or maybe a non-specific mercs list, with a wide variety of units that any army (except imperials, hah!) could use. Well, on reflection, maybe only Orks, Tau and eldar would use mercs. Maybe IG. Anyway - mercs would be good.

Also: squats. There, I said. You were all thinking it, anyway.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby AndrewGPaul on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:58 am

With the way the keywords work, all Dark Mechanicum or Traitor Guard need, rules-wise, is the ability to choose CHAOS instead of their <REGIMENT> or <FORGE WORLD> keyword. :) One line in the errata should take care of that.
AndrewGPaul
Champion

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000