Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Primarch » Mon May 06, 2019 7:10 am

me_in_japan wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:I’m having trouble getting over the fact that his respirator looks like a big droopy cowboy style mustache. :lol:

:shock:

I have just had an epiphany. The world needs a gnarly ol' cowboy chapter of space marines. With aforementioned mustaches, and hats, and six-shooters.

And hosses. Lots of hosses.

*mind blown*
I nominate this guy for Chapter Master.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon May 06, 2019 8:04 am

me_in_japan wrote:And hosses. Lots of hosses.
Robo-hosses.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry
Adeptus Titanicus: 4 Titans

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon May 06, 2019 9:11 am

Primarch wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:I’m having trouble getting over the fact that his respirator looks like a big droopy cowboy style mustache. :lol:

:shock:

I have just had an epiphany. The world needs a gnarly ol' cowboy chapter of space marines. With aforementioned mustaches, and hats, and six-shooters.

And hosses. Lots of hosses.

*mind blown*
I nominate this guy for Chapter Master.
exactly who i had in mind. *nods sagely*
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 08, 2019 1:54 am

The company that makes the Space Marine Heroes miniatures posted this teaser up on Twitter this morning:

So it looks like Death Guard are next. And I'm actually kind of excited about that - the previous Heroes lines, regular marines and terminators, I didn't end up getting because, well, they aren't Primaris, but a pack of unique Death Guard sculpts at the quality the line has so far would be a nice way to get a kill team together.
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 am

So long as they are the same size as the regular GW figs, I'd be interested.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 08, 2019 3:54 am

Primarch wrote:So long as they are the same size as the regular GW figs, I'd be interested.
Should be. The marines were all a bit taller, but mostly thanks to standing upright and being on sculpted bases.

Here's the Malignant Plaguecaster from the set - much nicer than the babyfaced one from Dark Imperium in this little black duck's opinion.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat May 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Lots of stuff coming out of Warhammer Fest - I’ll put together a compilation post when things die down.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat May 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Warhammer Fest Day 1 Roundup: Holy Carp!

*The big announcement was the new Contrast paint line, formulated so that you can literally just put one coat on over a white primer and get a pretty good result - it's basically expanded color options for Hexwraith Flame and Nighthaunt Blue, but it looks like you can both get some quite good tabletop-standard paint jobs quickly and easily, and use them to get some interesting effects when mixing and matching. To be sure, it's nothing you couldn't replicate by carefully mixing inks and acrylic medium (I do!) but now you don't have to, is the thing. I know we have not a few people here on these forums who aren't keen on painting, and these paints seem firmly aimed in their direction. Frankly, I think it's pretty awesome that GW continues to not only acknowledge but cater to multiple ways to engage with (what used to be portrayed as a pretty monolithic) "The Hobby".

This is their main promo image:
I have no particular reason to think the pic on the bottom is doctored, and if that's what you can get with paint straight out of the pot it's a very nice development.

On the "nice results" end, here's Nick Bayton's thorns of the briar queen:
He says that's various contrast paints with one level of highlights over a zenithal-shaded basecoat.

Lots of (real, non-GW-employee) people in the twitterverse who have been trying these out at WHF are very excited about them.

*A painted version of the Sister's promo from last year. Nothing shocking, as we've seen the render, but it does show they're at least in the "actually making 3D prints" stage.

*Chaos Knights codex, along with appropriately spikey knight sprues:
*shrug* It's Chaos Knights all right!

*And a wonderfully dumpy hovercraft for the AdMech, with both troop-transport and tanky versions.
Still very firmly in the "something from the cover of a 60's sci-fi paperback" realm, which I love. The tank will presumably be faster and lighter than the Dunestrider, and the transport might actually be a reason for me to pick up some electropriests. I probably won't want to do so anytime soon, but the fact it's a cool model makes it that much more tempting.

*A new heavy gun turret for the Primaris floaty Bradley tank thing, pretty boring frankly so I won't even post a picture.

*A bit of a rules tease for the new Apocalypse, which again doesn't interest me a whit so I just skimmed it. :D It does use D12's though, which are objectively the best dice based on the best regular polyhedron.

*A bunch of new FW stuff for Horus Heresy.

*New weapons and knight stuff for Titanicus, which is now relevant to my interests. I especially like this chunky fellow:
Also some terrain, and a teaser for a relaunch of Aeronautica Imperialis, an odd choice as the game was by all accounts an incredible flop, but I guess if they're starting with the AT link it might make more sense.

*A bunch of new Blood Bowl and Necromunda stuff, including a render for the first model from the Wood Elf team.

*As I predicted, the announcement for season 3 of Underworlds (I expect we'll see it in fall or winter sometime) including this, which I literally have no idea what faction it might be:
My only guess is the lions - high elves connection, but who knows?
*edit* Oh, wait, sandy base with a starfish - probably Idoneth then!

*Also the third warband for War Cry, a sort of dark elf-inspired snake-themed warband called the Splintered Fang.
I very much dig these guys.

*And some Middle-Earth stuff.

And that's only day 1. This is kind of insane, really. :lol:
-----

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 am

A mini-Gorgon! Always wanted one of those.

M.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 31, 2019 10:04 pm

Some neat stuff at the UK Games Expo this weekend:

Enforcers for Necromunda:
Which nobody around here plays, but still pretty cool models - I especially like the drum-fed bolters. Personally, I'd do a head swap for something more Judge Dredd-ish, but aside from that, nice stuff.

Wood Elves for Blood Bowl:
Sort of a "welp, they're wood elves all right" deal, but very nice wood elves all the same.

The 4th warband for WarCry, the Corvus Cabal:
Which I love pretty much all of. I'm really impressed, as they release more images, that they've got some really characterful, completely distinct warbands in (what you'd have thought was) a fairly narrow design space of "battling Chaos warbands". It has a real Necromunda vibe for me.

And finally, an expansion for Blackstone with some new explorers and more Chaos cultists:
The heroes we've seen in an earlier teaser (and they're still really cool) and the cultists are nice too - I really, for some reason, like the juxtaposition of "ridiculous fantasy-style helmets" and "mundane interactions with modern weaponry like reloading and toting ammo boxes".
-----

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”