Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:55 am

Hmmn. Opinions...

The skydorfs are...ok? I guess? Nothing about the Kharadrim has inspired me at all, but then I've never really been a dwarf kinda guy, even back in the days of the old world. Meh, props for making dwarves their own thing, I suppose. And certainly, from a technical perspective the sculpts are good. Just a bit too metally for my tastes.

The news that WarCry will be open to non-chaos factions is interesting to me, as more variety is always good. I like that you can have multiple species within one warband (the pics showed a dwarf, ogre and human from the same chaos warband). Going back to ye olde warbands from RoC that had all kinds of species in them, it gave a lot of nice variety in painting and suchlike. Contrast with Shadespire, which, while the sculpts are great, with a few exceptions the warbands are internally pretty homogenous, species-wise.

The chaos racer turkey is a bit of a swing-and-a-miss for me. I mean, fair enough, I commend them for trying something new, but it's just a bit unsure of what it's meant to be. Is it a scary threat? A comedy unit? Fast? Powerful? What?

The Slaanesh stuff is 100% win for me. So much so that I want to start a Slaaneshi warband for WarCry or Shadespire or whatever. Regarding the KoS, I get that people want more dynamism and swoosh, but for me Slaanesh has never been about swoosh. It's always been more about control. Poise. Grace. A ballerina can be graceful and elegant standing still drinking a cup of tea. That's kinda what I get from this KoS. It can and will look bloody gorgeous sipping down darjeeling with its left hand whilst whipping the flesh from your bones with its right. Predatory elegance incarnate.
current (2019) hobby interests
minis
Nurgle daemons for AoS, Ghosties for Shadespire
Magic cards
tribal zombies, Standard, too much MtGA.
Hobby finances
minis: in the black
MtG: So, so red :(

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 05, 2019 1:25 am

Some previews from the Austrailian Championship Preview:

Chaos Knights for 40K, yes, sure.

The next warband preview for Warcry, the Untamed Beasts - very standard Conan-with-horned-helmets Chaos marauder types.
Eh, pretty cool if that's your thing.

Some modular AoS terrain, which would be pretty dang cool for 40K as well when it comes down to it (although it's not built with cover in mind):

A teaser video for an AdMech transport (finally!).

And (again, finally) a Primaris Techmarine (in Gravis armor, with a heavy bolter, no less) - Iron Hands flavored, so I don't know if it'll have shoulder pad options or what. IH are (I think) the only FF chapter without any named characters or anything, so fleshing them out a bit in a forthcoming box set or campaign book would be a very reasonable move. All the same, cool model!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted [unpainted] in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 57 [2] Infantry, [a bunch of terrain]
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 58 [65] Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 [4] Titans, 6 [4] Knights

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun May 05, 2019 3:15 am

Some cool looking stuff there. I like the chaos dudes, though if you don't like painting skin, I can see them not being your thing.
The new terrain is ok. I'm getting a definite "There is no Dana, only Zuul" kinda vibe from the statues. :D

I really hope the new ad-mech toys share some of the basic design aesthetics from the 30K stuff, but I won't hold my breath.

Warcry is looking better and better.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Sun May 05, 2019 3:57 am

That terrain is making me hate GW for squatting my Khemri! Imagine the hammer guy replaced with a curio shop Egyptian god statue :o :o :o :o :o :o :o so lovely!

M.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 05, 2019 8:49 am

Primarch wrote:I like the chaos dudes, though if you don't like painting skin, I can see them not being your thing.
Ding ding ding! Give me the heavily-armored guys with diving helmets covering their faces.

Completely baseless speculation, but those bottom three barbarians look pretty... juve-y? In the Necromunda sense?
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun May 05, 2019 1:52 pm

All of the above is...fine by me? I guess? I'm just not that into big axe-wielding hairy barbarian types, I suppose (exhibit A: 4 eldar armies... :? ) But sure, they're nice enough figs if you like that kind of thing. I'm still quite interested in WarCry, to be sure.

The terrain looks purdy enough. Can't fault it, really.

Chaos Knights? Sure, seems reasonable. The minis will probably be lovely. Keen to see one in more than a silhouete.

Iron Hands guy? Nice fig. Very...techy looking. Again, space marines aint really my jam, but I cant fault the sculpting (and on a side note, those hazard stripes are tight as all get out. A tip of the hat to that painter.)

So, as news goes, it's all very well and good, but not exactly making me sit up and pay attention, but that's fine. It can't all be plastic aspect warriors every week, can it*? :D

*one day, our time will come, my pointy eared brethren. one day...
minis
Magic cards
Hobby finances

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun May 05, 2019 9:47 pm

I do like that Tech-marine (sorry, can't remember it's Adeptus Copyrightabilitus name). The old mold was really showing it's age. It needed Z-brush and injection molded plastic tech to really bring to life.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun May 05, 2019 11:56 pm

I’m having trouble getting over the fact that his respirator looks like a big droopy cowboy style mustache. :lol:
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 am

I like his UFO Catcher arm. :D
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 am

The Other Dave wrote:I’m having trouble getting over the fact that his respirator looks like a big droopy cowboy style mustache. :lol:

:shock:

I have just had an epiphany. The world needs a gnarly ol' cowboy chapter of space marines. With aforementioned mustaches, and hats, and six-shooters.

And hosses. Lots of hosses.

*mind blown*
minis
Magic cards
Hobby finances

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”