Shadespire

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Re: Shadespire

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Thanks, I've started in on Chatting Crit! I'll give the podcasts a crack while spending...*checks notes*...the term of my natural life painting Sisters.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:28 am

Incedenterly, Agents of Sigmar just put up a Eyes of the Nine vs Wurmspat battle report with a tasty-looking magical Wurmspat deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzPe7okUaU

Not really directly relevant to mij's comments about the weakness of the decks out of the box, but some serendipitous timing anyway.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 87 infantry
40K-iverse: 29 infantry, 1 monster, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:26 am

Innterestingly, and relevant to something mij posted in the "what are you doing" thread a bit ago, I'm seeing a lot of people playing Underworlds online recently, with webcams and both players setting up both sides' models and such, and it looks eminently workable. If anyone wants to give it a shot some evening, let me know.
-----

jus

Post by jus » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:57 am

hmm yes.. interesting. I'd give it a go (when I move). I don't have any AOS though. Ignorant question: is underworlds the same as shadespire? What about the chaos skirmish game with the snake gladiator people and chinese masked ninjas? (I've been out of the loop somewhat )

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:41 am

Underworlds is the same as Shadespire, yes - "season one" was Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire, so everyone (not yet twigging to the fact that there'd be a new core box every year) called it Shadespire, but then "season two" was Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault, and now we have Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave, but they're all the same game (namely, Warhammer Underworlds), we just get a new core box with slight rules tweaks every year and a new Noun:noun name subtitle.

The AoS skirmish game with snake guys and muscle conans is WarCry, which is a lot more traditionally skirmish gamey as opposed to Underworlds' boardgame/card game/miniature game hybrid nature. They're both good though!
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:49 am

I'd be up to give it a go - no external webcam and I don't have *all* the models here in Inazawa but should still be doable.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:38 am

Yeah, practically I'd probably be using an ipad or something. Give me a day or two to figure things out and we'll see what we can see!
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:21 pm

I'd be up for it, probably some weekend day as I'm compelled to go to work every weekday and sit in a teacher's room full of teachers in a school entirely empty of students. As is my wife. As a result, my kids have to go to gakudo. At their school. :shock:

I'm aware I maybe keep mentioning this (not sure if I've already done so here, specifically, but I definitely have in various places.) Not gonna stop, though. Still boggles my mind.

Anyway, ZoomSpire should be doable. I have a phone that I could proooooobably rig up to view the gameboard, and am in the throes of buying a laptop PC that I could use to display whatever's going on at the opponent's end. So aye, probly doable. Once I get my new pooter, at least.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:00 pm

The new FAR list and FAQ is out - a lot of long-overdue changes IMO.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... UCQRWq58Qc

And Can you Roll a Crit's typically thoughtful commentary here: https://canyourollacrit.com/2020/06/18/ ... 20-update/

All the cards you'd expect are restricted (you know, the ones you saw in every single competitive deck): Opening Gambit, Combination Strike*, Frenzied Search, Restless Prize, Survival Instincts.

*These first two in particular were a bugaboo for me, as they came in the reissued Steelhearts and Reavers sets, or the available-for-like-a-month card pack that had just those cards, so I could never get a hold of them.

Then 4 cards that seem a bit edge-casier to me: Nightmare in the Shadows (which, I guess, does limit the number of "push an opponent" cards you can have), Blazing Soul, Cryptic Companion and Trophy Belt. All good cards, to be sure.

The first 5 I can definitely see, and I get the reasoning for the next 4 - they're all just real good cards.

The BIG thing is that they're addressing the warband balance issue by restricting some warband-specific cards. Only one or two for some of the most egregious warbands at this point, but restricting In the Name of the King and Shifting Madness for the Grymwatch should help tamp them down at least a little.

Then the FAQ has some biggish changes and clarifications - the real standout is making the Varclav Push a once per round ability, which should likewise help keep the Thorns in line.

Overall, as usual, I think these are all pretty much on the right track. My Mournflight deck in particular will need some reworking, but it was pretty strong, so it's all good in the end!
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 pm

That won't break the crazy double turret Cursebreakers deck but it'll bring it back under control - so I'm OK to play it more often right? :lol:

A consequence of the Restricted list - and the shift to 3 restricted cards rather than 5 - is it encourages you to run more decks, each with their own set of three OP cards. Breaking down my Cursebreaker and Grymwatch decks will help my Condemnors in the short term, and maybe give me an incentive to paint something else medium term.

(Boldly prediciting new warbands announced for preorder between War of the Spider and Pariah!)
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”