Shadespire

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Shadespire

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 pm
That won't break the crazy double turret Cursebreakers deck but it'll bring it back under control - so I'm OK to play it more often right? :lol:
[Passive-aggressive Obi-Wan] You must do what you feel is right, of course... [/PAOW] :lol:
Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 pm
(Boldly prediciting new warbands announced for preorder between War of the Spider and Pariah!)
I hope so! I'm wondering how much, or whether, the break in production will effect the release of season 4 - on the one hand, everything does seem to be delayed, but on the other, I'm sure they have quarterly releases all planned out years in advance. But then also, having only like three months with the "full" Beastgrave release before S4 drops would feel pretty rushed. (But on the other other hand, you hear a lot about how stale Nightvault started to feel in the last little bit before Beastgrave was released, so faster turnaround to S4 night not be a bad thing? *shrug*) Lockdown GW kremlinology is a whole thing, heh.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2020:
AoS-iverse: 87 infantry
40K-iverse: 71 infantry, 2 vehicles, a whole mess of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 1 Titan

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 am

Huh, actually I had to change my Mournflight deck very little. Swapped out Scrum for Swift Capture (which, TBH, why hadn't I done that in the first place?) and Survival Instincts for... well, this was harder, but I went with Soul Leech (50% chance to do damage after moving through someone) just for shenanigans' sake.
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pm

its been so long, I can barely remember how to play Shadespire these days. :roll:

Still, folks seem happy overall about the changes, and it did seem like some of the top decks were a bit samey, so that's all good, I guess. I'll need to dust off my decks and see what kind of state theyre in now, I suppose...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:50 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pm
its been so long, I can barely remember how to play Shadespire these days. :roll:
Yeah, it felt pretty creaky the other week breaking the game out the other week - but then just in general moving minis around and rolling dice felt like a novel experience, heh.

All the usual podcasts and YouTube channels are starting to weigh in on the discussion of the latest FAR list / FAQ. Nothing too controversial, but as usual listening has got me itching to get playing again.
-----

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:46 pm

Out of interest, I see that WUO is on sale again on steam just now. Does anybody else have it, and do you reckon I should pick it up? I’m spending pretty much all my free time just now playing MtGA anyway, but if folks were available for direct matches that might be an incentive to dip my toes in different digital waters.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:12 am

I do hear good things, and TBH the release of the Thorns is a good sign, as it makes me think they want to push the game into the (more fun than Shadespire) Nightvault meta, but fundamentally I don't have a Windows box any more so I'm SOL. :cry:
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:17 am

Still no new Underworlds teams. I guess at this point the best hope is they'll preorder the same week as 9th edition and ship the week before, but that seems iffy 😅

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:41 am

Yeah, it feels like we'd usually get the card preview articles at least a couple weeks before preorder. I mean, no hurry - Wurmspat and Hrothgorn still have got essentially no non-virtual play after all: TBH I'm a bit surprised we even got an update on the FAR list and FAQ with things as they stand.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Veteran

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:07 am

I might just stick with Condemnors for another month, I'd sorta like to try Hrothgar or Skaeth but I can't be bothered painting them 😅

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:10 pm

The corona-modified "roadmap" for the next little bit in Underworlds has been shared with us:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... BCemRGz2GY

Most notably, the two new warbands will drop in August, and season 4 has been pushed back to December - a totally reasonable move, IMO.

There's also a solo gameplay mode, against a Fomoroid Crusher (or other large model in your collection, but any excuse to buy a Fomoroid Crusher, really) that follows some simple "AI" scripts. I'll probably give it a shot.

In September there'll be a multiplayer expansion, which could be interesting - multiplayer games have always been a (surprisingly, when you think about it, for a game designed primarily around two-player play) fun way to play, but more game modes and a "balance pass" couldn't hurt.
-----

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”