New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby dnanoodle on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Heya guys. I promised Badruck a story about my Eldar for the Ogaki event he ran last year. Well, months and months later I have a story that is almost entirely different from what I promised, but it's a start on getting there.

Heretics Divided is the first chapter in a longer work that will tie together the fluff and characters from each of my armies. It follows the stories of a Grandmaster, an Inquisitor and a Farseer whose fates collide to determine the survival of billions, both eldar and human. I put up a blog to post it and the chapters that come later so I don't have to format it individually for each forum I use.

Let me know what you think!

Rollin' 2d6 Deep
dnanoodle
Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby Konrad on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 am

dnanoodle wrote:Heya guys. I promised Badruck a story about my Eldar for the Ogaki event he ran last year. Well, months and months later I have a story that is almost entirely different from what I promised, but it's a start on getting there.

Heretics Divided is the first chapter in a longer work that will tie together the fluff and characters from each of my armies. It follows the stories of a Grandmaster, an Inquisitor and a Farseer whose fates collide to determine the survival of billions, both eldar and human. I put up a blog to post it and the chapters that come later so I don't have to format it individually for each forum I use.

Let me know what you think!

Rollin' 2d6 Deep


A Grandmaster, an Inquisitor and a Farseer walk into a bar. The bartender says.......
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
User avatar
Konrad
Legend
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:09 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby dnanoodle on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am

The bartender asks "What'll it be?"
The Grandmaster says "It will be the Emperor's justice."
The Inquisitor says "It will be the collapse of the Imperium, rotted from the inside out by heresy."
The Farseer says "It will be what it already is and has always been."
The bartender says "Drinks, damnit! That means I'm asking about drinks! You guys come in here every week! You gotta learn to let up if you wanna drink in my bar!"

Or something? Lol I knew I was walking right into that when I posted this.
dnanoodle
Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:07 am

Bravo, sir! A fine response if ever there was one :)

I haven't had time to read the blog fully, yet, but the first couple of paragraphs seem good. Terse, but good :D
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
 
Posts: 6205
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby dnanoodle on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks MiJ :D Yeah my Inquisitor is a terse guy, among other things :mrgreen:

Chapters that focus on other characters will read differently, but I haven't written anything but notes and a bit of short dialogue for Ithacus. I still need to find a voice for him. I could get to that if I didn't have to paint up an army for Nagoyahammer :shock: hehe
dnanoodle
Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby Konrad on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 am

dnanoodle wrote:The bartender asks "What'll it be?"
The Grandmaster says "It will be the Emperor's justice."
The Inquisitor says "It will be the collapse of the Imperium, rotted from the inside out by heresy."
The Farseer says "It will be what it already is and has always been."
The bartender says "Drinks, damnit! That means I'm asking about drinks! You guys come in here every week! You gotta learn to let up if you wanna drink in my bar!"

Or something? Lol I knew I was walking right into that when I posted this.


And he meets the challenge in fine form
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
User avatar
Konrad
Legend
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:09 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby dnanoodle on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 am

Lol thanks man.

Hey you guys don't know if there is a way to upload a pdf to blogspot do you? I was looking around in the options and didn't see anything.
dnanoodle
Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby Primarch on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 am

dnanoodle wrote:Lol thanks man.

Hey you guys don't know if there is a way to upload a pdf to blogspot do you? I was looking around in the options and didn't see anything.


No idea, but you can upload one here if you want. (Just keep it small as we don't have a lot of bandwidth :D)
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby dnanoodle on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 am

Sure I could upload one here if anyone would prefer a pdf to read (I know I do most of my net reading on my phone, so pdfs are good for me). How would I go about that? I don't see any tools for it in the post options.

Oh and I drew some cover art for Heretics Divided last night and just posted it up. You can find it here.
dnanoodle
Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 am

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Postby Primarch on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 am

When you make a post, just under the 'Save/Preview/Submit" buttons should be a section saying "Options" and "Upload Attachment." Click the Upload one and you should be able to post your PDF here.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9067
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Next

Return to Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest