What do you know about Troll Bloods?

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.

Re: What do you know about Troll Bloods?

Postby me_in_japan on Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 am

say is that leviathan in plastic or metal?

ooohhoooooooOOOooooohhhhhhh *shivers*

metal, mate. Solid, bloody metal.

Sometimes I feel like its made of pins and glue :(

*edit* the reason its a bugger is the fact that each leg is separate. If you want it posed so that it actually balances on all 4 legs (or worse, 3 with 1 raised) you have to simultaneously glue each leg into the exact position you previously painstakingly worked out would look good using blu-tac.

The other Jacks are all no problem to assemble, btw. Just the Leviathan is a sonovabitch.

incidentally, I got my new flying chicken jack in the post today. Metal, doncherknow. I was expecting resin, cos the ripjaws that came out previously were resin. nice mini, tho.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Danguinius on Wed May 25, 2011 6:07 am

Getting back to the original post: Trolls are probably somewhere between Khador and Protectorate on the WarMachine scale. Slow, but tough (literally) - their armor isn`t as high as a warjacks, but they heal and their infantry have "Tough" (kind of like Regeneration). I would also say they are like the anti-Cryx. If you`ve ever had to endure pDeneghra casting Crippling grasp and then using her Feat and watching all of your models`stats decrease, you can imagine a Trollblood player doing the opposite: putting layer after layer of stat-increasing buffs on something like an Earthborn Dire Troll (which changes it from, "Wow, that thing is pretty mean" to "Holy Shit, run, Run, RUN!"). But unlike my other faction (Cygnar), Trolls are pretty good all the way around: good warlocks, good units (including basics like Kriel Warriors and Fennblades), good solos (Fell Caller, Janissa), and good Warbeasts (Earthborn, Axer, Mulg!)

Getting back to Skarre: I don`t know Dave, her "Great Rack" may not be referring to her horns. She can, afterall, knock a man down with them :D

Danguinius
Last edited by Danguinius on Wed May 25, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius
Danguinius
Champion

Postby The Other Dave on Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 am

Danguinius wrote:Getting back to Skarre: I don`t know Dave, her "Great Rack" may not be referring to her horns. She can, afterall, knock a man down with her them :D

For some reason I'm always reminded of this old gem.
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Admiral-Badruck on Sat May 28, 2011 2:58 am

hahah that was a good one...

now back to Troll Bloods

can they shoot looks like some have guns...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby me_in_japan on Sat May 28, 2011 3:12 am

yes, they can shoot, but as mentioned in another recent thread, shooting just isnt that dangerous in warmachine. Yes, you can kill people with it, but the key thing to look at is range. I dont know about trollbloods specifically, but my Cryxian heavy warjacks have a range of 13" inches or so. Most models' charge range is between 8 and 10 inches, so thats pretty short ranged for a gun. Other guns my cryxies have have range 8 or less, so dont think that you can just "hang back and shoot". These guys aint the imperial guard. The whole game is actually designed so that if you dont get stuck in, you lose. Its written on page 5, i believe.

So, yes they can shoot, but dont bank on that winning anything for you.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Admiral-Badruck on Sat May 28, 2011 3:13 am

well that is nice to know they shoot but shooting is not the way to win games..
MIJ
MIJ
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Danguinius on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:20 am

All you really need to know about Trolls in PP games:

1. They have a warlock with a rule called "stumbling drunk" that literally allows him to stumble out of combat if he gets hit upside the head.

2. Their slogan is "Axe to Mouth" and it`s usually the way Trolls finish off their opponents.

3. They have "bubblegum"/anime style models - most Dire Trolls have larger hands than thighs...

4. The Slag Troll gets more powerful if fighting againts WarMachine or undead

5. Only the warlocks and solos are difficult to paint. Beasts are easy.

6. Mulg is a Dire Troll who is so old, crusty and irritable, that he is literally turning into a mountain. His hunchback is rock. He cares a club which looks suspiciously like an uprooted tree. When he hits things with it, they die.

7. It`s the first wargame where trolls aren`t stupid, uncontrollable jack-asses on the table top.

8. They are really the only "good guys" in the Warmahordes.

9. I play them. So, we can team up and get some payback on some Khador and Protectorate players!

Danguinius
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius
Danguinius
Champion

Postby Admiral-Badruck on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 am

Trolls are the good guys that is the best... I always said the orks were the good guys in 40k but no one agreed with me...
MIJ
MIJ
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Previous

Return to Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン