Starting Warmahordes

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Seb on Tue May 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Badruck, if you are getting into this and if you don't already have one, you will need a dremel tool.

Warmahordes is nothing for me, I am sure that the game itself is very good and fun but the linearity of everything and that everyone is a named character with no encouraging to creating my own characters/story doesn't do it for me. May sound stupid but connecting on that personal level is what is most important to me.
Seb
Champion
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Location: Nishio

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Admiral-Badruck on Tue May 17, 2011 1:06 pm

I reckon you can play an existing character and convert he hell out of the model and print your own cards write your own back story.. from what I understand other than base size there the look of the model is only a problem if the guy you are playing is a complete douche-bag. if you photograph your models and make cards with the exact state line on theme as the models in the game they represent I reckon it is ok.. at the very least you could play with the guys around here with out any problems...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ
User avatar
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 4610
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:22 pm
Location: Mekk Town AKA OGAKI

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Primarch on Tue May 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:I reckon you can play an existing character and convert he hell out of the model and print your own cards write your own back story.. from what I understand other than base size there the look of the model is only a problem if the guy you are playing is a complete douche-bag. if you photograph your models and make cards with the exact state line on theme as the models in the game they represent I reckon it is ok.. at the very least you could play with the guys around here with out any problems...


So long as you aren't writing your own rules or mixing factions, it would be totally acceptable.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Seb on Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 pm

That is an interesting way though, thanks for the inspiration Badruck. :)

What would you say of converted Warriors of chaos used as a Sword Knight Unit or Bane Knights? Asking for trouble? :)
Seb
Champion
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Location: Nishio

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby me_in_japan on Tue May 17, 2011 1:26 pm

as long as you werent mixing and matchin units from different factions it should be fine.

I agree, though - the ability to make your own caster would be nice. I suspect it has to do with the fact that warcasters and their powers affect the game so completely that it would potentially game-breaking to let people just make up their own. Youd need some kind of build-a-caster chart, with stuff like "you have 200 pts to build your caster. Each point of M costs 10 pts. Each point of RAT costs 15pts. Each spell from this list costs 10 pts. Each spell from that list costs 20. Any spare points can be spent on Jack points at 10 caster points each"

kinda thing.

Fiddly, in other words.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
 
Posts: 6433
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Primarch on Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Seb wrote:That is an interesting way though, thanks for the inspiration Badruck. :)

What would you say of converted Warriors of chaos used as a Sword Knight Unit or Bane Knights? Asking for trouble? :)


You'd still need to rebase them all on the proper sized bases, get the right cards for them and then find a way of making them fit visually with the rest of the army.
Other than that, it'd probably be ok.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby jus on Wed May 18, 2011 2:32 am

I'd say just get the privateer press models. They rock. Proxying on that level doesn't cut it for me. Its got to be authentic. I piece of base sized cardboard with an image of the model represented on it would be preferable to something from another range in my book. The odd warjack a is warjack b is fine though.
User avatar
jus
Moderator
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:11 am

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Primarch on Wed May 18, 2011 4:04 am

jus wrote:I'd say just get the privateer press models. They rock. Proxying on that level doesn't cut it for me. Its got to be authentic. I piece of base sized cardboard with an image of the model represented on it would be preferable to something from another range in my book. The odd warjack a is warjack b is fine though.


Seconded.
Actually. If you are NOT going to buy PP models, WHY are you changing systems? Nothing is stopping you from playing GW games with the models you have. Rebasing/Converting to Warmahordes means that A) you can no longer play the GW games and B) you have a cheap looking Warmahordes force.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
User avatar
Primarch
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 9550
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Location: Nagoya

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby Admiral-Badruck on Wed May 18, 2011 2:57 pm

I think that is the biggest thing missing from Warmahordes is the modeling I am not in to it yet but I will be building a totally unique army with a totally unique aesthetic. I hope every one will still let me play...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ
User avatar
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 4610
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:22 pm
Location: Mekk Town AKA OGAKI

Re: Starting Warmahordes

Postby The Other Dave on Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:I think that is the biggest thing missing from Warmahordes is the modeling I am not in to it yet but I will be building a totally unique army with a totally unique aesthetic. I hope every one will still let me play...

As long as we can tell what's what! :D
Miniatures painted in 2018:
28mm: 91 infantry, 6 vehicles, 2 buildings, assorted other terrain-y bits
Currently focusing on: 40K, Shadespire, Age of Sigmar?, Malifaux
My twitter is pretty hobby-heavy: vivanagoya
User avatar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds
 
Posts: 3333
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 am
Location: Nagoya

PreviousNext

Return to Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest