convergence of Cyriss

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.

convergence of Cyriss

Postby Colonel Voss on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 am

Well it has been a long time since I've painted anything. Recently I have been wanting to but none of my models have really grabbed my interest. Looking through some of the new models, I found Aurora, one of the Convergence warcasters that just screamed, paint me!

So tempting, so I decided to buy the model. I also found I had enough points saved up to get the book for free (nice little bonus there) so I decided to find out what this funky new factions is all about.

The opening story of the book is a great read, it really had me fascinated with this faction. PP usually has some fun fiction, but this one really grabbed my attention.

The detail is the same as the usual books. It did get my RPG ideas flowing like crazy though. Even a small subplot would be fun to include these guys. The direction PP went with this mechanical based faction really feels unique.

Rules wise, it is a very interesting faction to say the least. It will play very differently on the board that any other faction. Kuddos to PP for the unique ideas and concepts to be found.

So would I play it after getting the book and a warcaster? Right now, I don't have the cash to even think of it. But if I could exchange my Khador or Retribution, I would give it a go. Khador is a fun faction, but the warcasters and unit choices, I am only interested in a few of them. Retribution is similar plus the painting is much harder to get right (I've forgotten what I was going to do anyways)
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without
Colonel Voss

Re: convergence of Cyriss

Postby Danguinius on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:18 am

I read the Forces of: book for Convergence. They seem like "THE jack" faction if you want to run lots of jacks in your lists. Aurora is probably the most infantry-centric caster (or maybe, Axis). They also seem to rely a lot on support pieces; their infantry seem weak without the support. I`ll probably make a small force based around Syntherion and lots of heavy warjacks for a journeyman league starting next year. In the meantime, more and more Trolls...

Danguinius

P.S. One guy ran them in the Hardcore event at Gen Con...don`t know how he did with them but they had a nice gold paint scheme.
We are the Blood Angels, and we fear not. We are proud sons of the Imperium and the protectors of mankind. We are the Angels of Death and the Emperor`s Wrath – D(S)anguinius
Danguinius
Champion

Re: convergence of Cyriss

Postby Colonel Voss on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:24 am

Support yes, but like a machine, if everything works in concert they'll be a tough army to handle. Some of the unique ways to play things are intruiging. Like I said, if I could get rid of another army and replace it with Cyriss, I would. I was actually thinking of using my necron color pattern on them and that would be really sweet looking.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without
Colonel Voss

Return to Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン