Anyone still play Warmachines/Hordes?

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.

Re: Anyone still play Warmachines/Hordes?

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am

feeltheadrenalin wrote:They all look the same to me...

I think most of the factions suffer from this. I guess you could call it a design ethic, but I'd prefer the warjacks to use different chassis. One of the reasons I like Cryx is that they have the kinda pointy-legged spiderJacks, the Slayer chassis Jacks, the little chickenJacks, and DeathJack, who doesnt look like anybody except himself.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby ennui on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:53 am

me_in_japan wrote:
feeltheadrenalin wrote:They all look the same to me...

I think most of the factions suffer from this.

I think that the retribution is the only faction that only has 1 chassis for either size war jack, and they don't look much different. Hopefully that'll change with wrath...
ennui
Veteran

Postby Primarch on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am

Gentlemen, may I introduce you to Khador and their one-size-fits-all 'jacks? Except for the Bezerker (which is a fraction smaller) and the Behemoth (which is scarily large) Khador dont get anything except Heavy Jacks.

And thats JUST how we Khador players want it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Bwa-ha-ha-hah!!!!!
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby feeltheadrenalin on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Grrr...your stupid Khador jacks of unstoppable death were the reason my trolls got mudstomped every game in America. :evil: I hate Karchev.... :evil:
feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Postby Primarch on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:55 pm

feeltheadrenalin wrote:Grrr...your stupid Khador jacks of unstoppable death were the reason my trolls got mudstomped every game in America. :evil: I hate Karchev.... :evil:

Karchev is nasty. Luckily for you I dont have Karchev but I manage to make do with The Butcher, who has never failed to impress me. His kill record is quite good and in most games he can account for an enemy warjack or two at the very least.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby feeltheadrenalin on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Back in my Hordes days, every time I played against him, my friend would have Karchev tow his entire army and swing him around, then activate the rest of the jacks. Those stupid hunks of metal could move faster than everything in my army! And I thought they were supposed to be slow! :cry: Needless to say, he always got the first hits in the game, which always ended up with me losing one or two warbeasts, before they could even shoot or swing.

Of course, now, all of the factions have some new toys, so I think I've figured out some new ways to deal with that tactic... :twisted:
feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Postby jus on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 am

All the factions now have a shnazzy "forces of hordes" or "forces of warmachine" tome detailing all the particulars of history, fluff and including all the additional units since MK1. All factions that is, except for minions. They don't have tome yet, but when it comes out, I might be tempted to start GATORMEN. You'd probably want to take a gander at "forces of hordes - trollbloods" to get a good idea on the what's what and the Who's who.

In any case, if its a warmahordes game you a looking for, I suggest online play via the free programme vassal. Its all flavors of awesome.
Privateer press has created its own module for it and promotes its use, so its 100% legal. It has all the units from every faction available in the game represented by in game images that you can move around. Its got everything you need ingame: tape measures, templates, markers, you're-on-fire tokens, command range e.t.c

here's a screenshot of a skirmish between retribution and trollbloods.

Now, of course, fielding your own painted models on the tabletop would be preferable. But playing with vassal online, is quick and relatively painless. Further more it allows you to test ANY list you can come up with, and really fine tune your army until you know exactly which models you want to spend your hard earned yen on....like Karchev. :lol:

If anyone wants to try it out then Ennui or I can can find some time to log on sometime and have a skirmish.
jus

Postby feeltheadrenalin on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 pm

I play 40k on vassal from time to time. I didn't realize there was a warmahordes module. I'll have to try it out. :P
feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Previous

Return to Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン