Who has a board?

Discussion for anything related to Hordes, Warmachine or any Privateer Press games.

Re: Who has a board?

Postby ennui on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You can keep it for now. I don't have anywhere to put it at the moment. Btw do you have any terrain?
ennui
Veteran

Postby ashmie on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:00 pm

MIJ:
It may be different in Nagoya, but here in Tsu folks just dont have the time to game more often that at the regular Joshin game at the end of the month.

Looking through last years diary I must have ran about 6 events in Tsu last year and an rpg two day festival this year. We totally have time to game in Tsu. We often have a regular fortnightly rpg session too. Just MIJ is insanely busy working weekends. Ennui I have two tables, one basic set up and one for Mordheim.

Come down and game with us anytime. Next one is 24th of this month.

Cheers. ;)

Build your board and the armies will come I say.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 37
ashmie
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:04 pm

If you are willing to travel up to an hour you will find it is actually possible to game almost every weekend if you wanted. I found with the group here in Tsu, the one in Nagoya and the one in Kyoto I was having to find excuses not to game most of the last two years. If you can be bothered to make the time it's definitely possible to find the players. 25 people turned up at the rpg festival this year which was way more than expected. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Postby me_in_japan on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I aint saying we never game in Tsu, Im saying we dont game as often as we'd like. 6 times a year is not as often as we would like, no? (although I salute your efforts to get folks down here. tis much appreciated). I get the impression that FTA is aiming for once a week or so. That, folk generally cant do. (altho between us we almost certainly could.) Also, if he's building a games table, it would seem he's aiming to game in his house. How often do any of us game in someone's house? occasionally, to be sure, but not often.

If you can be bothered to make the time it's definitely possible to find the players

eh now, eh now, steady on chief. It's not that I dont bother to make the time. I mean, I sure as heck would rather be out gaming than at work, no? I mean, its not like I get paid any extra for coming in to work on my weekend. I work weekends, or I lose my job, simple as that. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: poor ol' me :cry: :cry:

Dat said, I second Ash's call to folks to come down here on the 24th. I'll be here. He'll be here. Thats all the cool factor you need, I say :D So, come on down! (plus, I'll be at NagoyaHammer on the 3rd and 4th. MiJ attends two games events in a little over a week! sweet lor' whatever is the world coming to?)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby ennui on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:38 pm

If the game day in Tsu wasn't happening on the same day as the Nagoya group, I'd probably go! Can you set up another day sometime next month? I think Saturdays might be better for me.
ennui
Veteran

Postby The Underdweller on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:31 pm

ennui wrote: Btw do you have any terrain?

Umm, no, not really. I have some boxes and things we can use if we use our imagination.
The Underdweller
Champion

Postby feeltheadrenalin on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:38 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I get the impression that FTA is aiming for once a week or so. That, folk generally cant do. (altho between us we almost certainly could.) Also, if he's building a games table, it would seem he's aiming to game in his house. How often do any of us game in someone's house? occasionally, to be sure, but not often.

I'd love to game once a week, and I certainly have the time for it, but unfortunately, my schedule conflicts with the standard 9:00-5:00 type work schedule. Realistically, I was just shooting for more than once a month (but since I may not be able to game on Sundays, once a month may even have to suffice).

Since I live near where you hold the monthly gaming session, I assumed several other gamers lived in my vicinity. I thought that by providing another place to play (maybe for evening/night games), some of us might have more of an opportunity to get some games in. Does anyone else game in the evening/night?
feeltheadrenalin
Rookie

Postby ennui on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Japanese culture doesn't lend itself well to gaming on weeknights. I, on the other hand, can always make some time for a weeknight game once a week or so! Well, as long as I don't have overtime. Where exactly do you live?
ennui
Veteran

Postby ashmie on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:58 am

MIJ: Sure that wasn't a personal dig at you even if it read as one.
No in general I find folks are quite happy to say no to joining events or maybe as it is a lot easier than committing ourselves. I was happy with the rpg festival turn out though. I'll confirm on Monday if I book it.
Yes we could run something at the end of May if interest was there.
So far for this time we have me MIJ and Satarou san and one other chap called Paul from Facebook so that may or may not happen. We should at least get 4 players.

Once again sorry to come over so harsh. These are troubled times I should speak more peacefully. :)
Last edited by ashmie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashmie
Wargod

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 am

@ash - tis nae bother, chief :) the internet can be a right wee de'il when it comes to expressing one's tone as intended. Things always seem to turn out more snarky than you actually mean. (at least, they do for me. maybe thats just how i write, tho...)

O mighty Primarch - any chance of some more smileys? We need more emotional vocabulary!
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

PreviousNext

Return to Hordes/Warmachine - ホードとウォーマシーン