Hackmaster: Old skewl rpg with comedy.

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.

Hackmaster: Old skewl rpg with comedy.

Postby ashmie on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:55 am

Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Re: Hackmaster: Old skewl rpg with comedy.

Postby Konrad on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 am

Reading the starting equipment lists made me all misty-eyed. ".....3 steel spikes, 50 feet of rope, flint and steel" just like the old days.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Postby ashmie on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:12 am

Hackmaster was born out of the Knights of The Dinner Table comic strip. The rpg comic. Hackmaster was a system they played as a parody of D and D. It's now a real system that has it's own following of players who want to carry on from where Advanced D and D left off before 3rd edition and 3.5. Most people who play it are fans of the KODT comic. Still in print! Since 1990. :o
I'm seriously thinking of buying the core rules, player handbook and the monsterpedia. I'll run it sometime in Joshin or Kuwana perhaps. Do I really need another system though, seriously? :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45
ashmie
Wargod

Postby Konrad on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:30 pm

ashmie wrote:I'm seriously thinking of buying the core rules, player handbook and the monsterpedia. I'll run it sometime in Joshin or Kuwana perhaps. Do I really need another system though, seriously? :)

Seriously? No, you don't. But seriousness should not be a factor in this hobby.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote
Konrad
Wargod

Return to Role Playing Games - RPG