Ryuutama Kickstarter!

Discussion of any Role Playing Games, e.g. Dungeons and Dragons, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, etc.

Ryuutama Kickstarter!

Postby ennui on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi guys!

The translation of Ryuutama has reached the point where it's just about ready to be published. I have a kickstarter going and so far we've done pretty well. I will be writing new rules not found in the Japanese books, such as air ships and new classes as part of the kickstarter campaign. We have a special tier for people who want physical books in Japan, too.

The KS can be found here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dia ... aying-game

I've got lots of actual play videos on my youtube channel, too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOE3Li ... ulE4yFKNHQ

Sometime after Thanksgiving I'm going to try to put together a game for people in Asia and Europe for anyone who wants to try the game out, so let me know if you want in!
ennui
Veteran

Re: Ryuutama Kickstarter!

Postby me_in_japan on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:40 am

That looks like a well put together kickstarter. Personally, I don't see the game suiting me (mostly cos of time constraints but also cos I'm more of a choppy chop chop kind of gamer) but I wish you every success with what looks like a lovely book.
2016 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 52-24+TGG2+DFC sold : 30 painted : 26 money spent: 459GBP money in: 2万円
terrain
bought: 3 finished: 8 money spent: 63GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 153GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:31 am

Not really my thing, but I can see it having a lot of appeal for folks who want to play RPGs without the usual hack and slash dungeon crawl. The artwork looks lovely and reminiscent of Dragon Quest and Super Dungeon Explore. Best of luck with the kickstarter, let us know if you're ever back in Japan.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby ashmie on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:55 am

If I still bought games and minis I would buy this. I haven't caved since Summer 2012 after pike and shotte. Still this looks great. I had a blast playing your shinobigami game. If I ever find time and a decent connection speed I would love to play on hangouts. Maybe after new year if its still running.
Send me a copy and I'll review it on my rpg channel ;) :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.
Maggots Michael, you're eating maggots.
ashmie
Wargod

Return to Role Playing Games - RPG