New plastics from Northstar/Frost Grave

For the discussion of any other tabletop games. e.g. Malifaux, Dropzone Commander, Infinity etc.

New plastics from Northstar/Frost Grave

Postby Primarch on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Ok, so they're not for Frost Grave, but it's spin off Ghost Archipelago, but I think they are pretty cool.
Multi-part plastic Tribal warriors!

I don't need them, but I want them. :D
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: New plastics from Northstar/Frost Grave

Postby me_in_japan on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:19 pm

These are nice sculpts, and honestly I think it can only be good thing to have more and more multi-part plastic kits. I may not need them now, but who knows what the heck I'll be collecting 5 years from now? A bunch of savages may be just what I need!

*edit* they do have built-in bases though. *narrows eyes suspiciously* As someone who enjoys basing minis, those are the devil's own work, I tells yer.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby Primarch on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:30 pm

me_in_japan wrote:*edit* they do have built-in bases though. *narrows eyes suspiciously* As someone who enjoys basing minis, those are the devil's own work, I tells yer.

I hear you. Sadly it is the way things are done by a lot of companies. If you're just using sand and flock you can obscure them somewhat, but if you're using fancy ready made bases they're a right pain. (I imagine. I only use cheapo plain plastic/mdf bases).
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby me_in_japan on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:01 pm

aye, indeed. That said, not to knock these minis, but they're not display level fiddly devils anyway, and I daresay if I (or anyone else) was painting em up, the details of their bases would be largely fudgeable anyway.
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Postby YellowStreak on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:05 am

me_in_japan wrote:These are nice sculpts, and honestly I think it can only be good thing to have more and more multi-part plastic kits. I may not need them now, but who knows what the heck I'll be collecting 5 years from now? A bunch of savages may be just what I need!

*edit* they do have built-in bases though. *narrows eyes suspiciously* As someone who enjoys basing minis, those are the devil's own work, I tells yer.

Yeah never a fan of the moulded-on base...

Nice figs though. Will have to restrain myself from buying them though as i'm about to buy a bunch of Samurai and have no immediate use for them anyway...
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Necromunda Gor-liaths
Walking Dead Survivors/Zombies
Zombicide base set (so many zombies!)
Test of Honour Samurai
Rangers of Shadow Deep Rangers+Monsters
Astral Hams BigMarines
YellowStreak
Legend

Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Return to Other Games - 他のゲーム