just testing the waters here

Discussion of any trading card games. e.g. Magic, Yu-gi-oh, Gundam War, etc.

just testing the waters here

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:43 am

just idly wondering if anybody has any Magic cards they'd be willing to sell/trade (for other cards or minis or whatevs). Just to be clear, I'm not really after random bits and bobs - specifically, I'm looking for stuff from Lorwyn/Shadowmoor/Morningtide/Eventide and Shadows over Innistrad/Eldritch Moon. These are the ones I have most of, and am kinda feeling out the potential for completing the sets. (Alternatively, if anybody has any fabulously rare/valuable cards they want to give away for free, hey, yeah - I'm here for ya :D )

Also, if folks ever fancy a game of Magic at the regular monthly game day, by all means let me know and I'll bring a deck or two :) (and fair warning, my deckbuilding skills suck. Really badly.)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: just testing the waters here

Postby Primarch on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 am

Sorry, all my MTG cards were sold off a long time ago. (Plus they were of a significantly older vintage than the ones you're looking for). My Innistrad cards were all on MTG:Duels, and therefore untradeable.

Yellow Submarine and Big Magic in Nagoya have large catalogues of single cards if there is anything you are particularly hunting for, plus regular MTG events.

I am hesitant to try playing in a non-digital, (and therefore expensive) format again as I already have one hobby draining all of my available funds. If you really want to play and don't mind providing both decks, I guess I can tap a few lands for mana again. But I'm not going to buy back into it. (He says knowing there is a good chance he'll have 1000s of cards before the week is out. :lol: )
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: just testing the waters here

Postby me_in_japan on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am

I’m more than happy to provide both decks :) That said, my deck building skills are limited for now. I mean, I can build a deck, but I find it hard to gauge its relative strength. Anyway - I’ll cook something up and we can see how it goes :)
2018 totals
minis
acquired (bought or arrived via KS) : 0 sold : 4 painted : 15 money spent: 0GBP money in: 175GBP
Magic cards
bought: lots money spent: 343GBP
brushes, books, paint, etc
money spent: 0GBP
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Return to Card Games - カードゲーム