Ibaraki Middlehammer

All new members can introduce themselves here. If you can speak/write Japanese and English, please feel free to use both languages. 新メンバーはここで自己紹介をしてください。もし、英語と日本語を話し、書けるならどちらの言葉も自由に使って下さい。

Ibaraki Middlehammer

Postby Bugman74 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to join up and say hi and that there is life in the northern wastes that is Ibaraki.

Just got a massive kick of nostalgia for middlehammer mainly with collecting dwarfs and O&G miniatures from the 90's era.

Hope to be able to contribute batreps and painting in the future.

Cheers
Bugman74
Rookie

Re: Ibaraki Middlehammer

Postby Primarch on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 am

Welcome to the forum Bugman,

Feel free to join in any conversations or start up a few threads on Middlehammer, it's not something I have heard being discussed around these parts before. I'm sure a few of us will start feeling all nostalgic about it. Most of the activity on the forum is centred around the What Did You Do Today thread which is kind of a WIP thread that has been going since the early days of NagoyaHammer.

Regards,
P.
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Postby Lovejoy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Good to hear from you. Is there a community for that in Ibaraki? Cool if so.

A couple of us on the forums have an interest in Oldhammer (I suppose some of it might touch on middle, but we ain’t that specific), for myself it’s only gotten as far as collecting or reacquiring some of the minis I had back in the day. I’ve gotten some nice Kev Adams O&G stuff together (either original sculpts from the 80s lines or in that spirit), with a view to painting up an army, but it all comes down to time to put paint to metal, which is in short supply for me at present.

I think that this blog is fascinating and thorough, if you’re into the old school stuff..mostly Oldhammer, but there are some real gems there, especially the interviews with big ex-GW names. http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.jp/?m=1
Of course, you may well have come across it already. Look forward to seeing anything you post up on the topic!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG
Lovejoy
Legend

Postby job on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Hello and Welcome!

I myself have a good number of dwarves ranging from early 90s to the last edition. However I only started playing with 8th Edition.

Please do chime in wherever and whenever you'd like on his forum. Good to have another Longbeard on this forum!
Models Painted, 2018
2 28mm
3 Robots
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Postby Bugman74 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 am

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

There are no clubs in my area, but I have made connections with other people here in Japan through SMS and by meeting people through stores etc..

There was a game club in Oaraii in Ibaraki that I saw pictures of online over a year ago, but can't seem to find them anymore nor the store that hosted it.

Any info on that store and club would be very appreciative thanks.

Last year I frequented the Mr. Fields store in Kashiwa as that was the closest place to game and often played Infinity there. Sadly the store had to close, but a new store will open in Kashiwa city next month I believe.
If anyone wanted to get in touch for a game sometime this year and please send me a PM. I will have my O&G army sent over this April and currently painting a dwarf army which has been a dream of mine since first picking up a WD magazine 20 years ago.

Thanks and I hope to post up some interesting old GW stuff and new oldhammer related minis for you to enjoy.

Cheers
Bugman74
Rookie

Postby YellowStreak on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Welcome mate!
Minis painted 2016: 330
Vehicles painted 2016: 4
Minis purchased 2016: 336
Vehicles purchased 2016: 2
Minis sold 2016: 128
Prim's painty points: +2.5
YellowStreak
Legend

Postby kojibear on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:09 am

Welcome fro me, too.

I first played Fantasy back in the mid-90s and then got back into it from 7th/8th edition. Some of us are painting miniatures for Dragon Rampant and still have a keen interest in fantasy settings.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your Dwarves. :)
kojibear
Legend

Postby Bugman74 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 am

Thanks guys and I hope to upload some images soon of what I am working on currently.

Every time I try and upload an image, I get a message saying,'the upload quota has been reached for this thread'

Can anyone give me some advice about this problem?

Thanks
Bugman74
Rookie

Postby Bugman74 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:28 am

Lovejoy wrote:I myself have a good number of dwarves ranging from early 90s to the last edition.

Nice :) The early 90's produced some of there best dwarfs in the range and that is my main focus with collecting. If you ever want to part with them, please get in contact with me first.

Lovejoy wrote:A couple of us on the forums have an interest in Oldhammer (I suppose some of it might touch on middle

Me too mate as 4th and 5th were the editions I played years ago and the 3rd ed. rule book was the first GW product I bought as a teenager. Had no bloody clue how to play the game, but enjoyed looking through the illustrations and miniatures. In Australia in y hometown, it was near impossible to buy GW stuff back then and even now. There was only a comic shop that had a small selection of paints, blisters, books and box sets.
Then were the day though :)
Bugman74
Rookie

Postby Bugman74 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Just an update to say that we have established a few players to start playing some 5h edition Warhammer Fantasy over the summer. We are all currently busy painting our armies :)

I hope to have some video content or batreps to write up sometime this year.
Bugman74
Rookie

Return to Introductions - イントロ