What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: What did you do today.

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:56 am

Nice, looks lovely! Hopefully I can get some AoS on the board myself soon - apparently the new general's handbook has pretty robust rules for quick, balanced 1000-point games which seems right up my alley (and is just about how much I have painted :D).
me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:22 am
You've certainly cracked painting Titans, dave - those are top notch. I assume you use templates/tape of some kind for the lines, cos those are crispy as all get out. Very nice work :)
Thanks! And nope, because I'm a masochist it's all freehand by brush (with a little bit of targeted chipping where the lines get a bit wonky). :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2019:
40K / Kill Team: 47 Infantry
Age of Sigmar / Shadespire: 33 Infantry, a bunch of terrain
Adeptus Titanicus: 5 Titans, 6 Knights

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:28 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi everyone.

@MiJ, ToD and Yellowstreak - nice painting guys!

Re: AoS Skirmish - I have tried Dragonrampant with Primarch and is was great to get my fantasy fix. If someone is keen, I'd certainly give the AoS skirmish a whirl, too.

Lot's of miniatures on the old hobby table right now...hopefully can get cracking on them soon.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 am

I did a bit of work on a Go-Mo project I have had languishing for ages now. I have done like nothing, nothing whatsoever hobby-wise in probably more than a month. Not sure why. Just no mojo. Felt good to glue rivets and listen to podcasts and I think I'll do it again tonight. I have a couple Diggachicks in the works and should get a bit of puttying in before I forget how to do it. I may dig around in the figure boxes for something to use for Rangers of Shadows Deep (?) and see if I can get some painting mojo back too.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:25 am

I finished up the fifth titan of my maniple this evening - pics in the morning when I get some good light. Next I'll wrap the knights up, and then I'll have nothing on my plate again. Fortunately :roll: WarCry is slated for a summer release, so I may not have to wait long.

Edit: Eh, I got some OK pictures after all. Here's the second reaver, and the whole maniple in its glory. Legio first!

-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:48 pm

@ToD - Great work on your Titans, they look beautiful.

As for myself, I managed a little time to sit down and paint over the weekend. I have a load of stuff on my painting desk that I am slowly grinding through, but no real painting mojo. :(
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Nagoya games day yesterday was good fun - a couple guys tried out a roughly 2000-point 40K battle using the Apocalypse rules and it a) went pretty smoothly and b) was done in 2-3 hours, which bodes well.

I played a couple 800-point games of Titanicus, versus Auxryn and my friend Jon, and they went really well. Not only was the game very fun with just a couple titans per side, but the rules are really smooth and intuitive - I might have checked the rulebook twice all day?

As for painting, my 4 knights-lancer are *this* close to being done, and I picked up the Tzeentch warband for Shadespire, so there's something to do next. The Titanicus games made me really want to buy a couple more warhounds, but I may wait on that 'til I get more than a couple games in - and instead get some Acastus knights, which are up for preorder this weekend. How could you not love these chunky boys?
-----

YellowStreak
Legend
Location: The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap), Deep in the heart of Texas

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Got a little more work done on my Norwegians done recently, and have been playing with some of the contrast paints. I really like the blood angel red, snake bite brown and the yellow (forget the name), but less impressed with some of the other colours (green and blue). The guilleman flesh is also very good.
The wraithbone undercoat is also pretty nice. it has to be the smoothest undercoat I've ever used.

I went to a Bolt Action tournament recently, which was fun. Thought my Early war foreign legion would be outclassed, but did ok with a win and a draw (I couldn't make the second day). I did play a guy wearing a hilterjugende t-shirt, which was....disconcerting. I don't even want to know where you you buy one of those...
On the painting table:
Bolt Action Narvik Army
Necromunda Gor-liaths
Walking Dead Survivors/Zombies
Zombicide base set (so many zombies!)
Test of Honour Samurai
Rangers of Shadow Deep Rangers+Monsters
Astral Hams BigMarines

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:31 pm

YellowStreak wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm
I did play a guy wearing a hilterjugende t-shirt, which was....disconcerting. I don't even want to know where you you buy one of those...
Let me guess, he had SS?
Prims Painty Points > +924.5
Finished Minis in 2014: 510.....Finished Minis in 2015: 300
Finished Minis in 2016 (as of Nov 30): 369 + 2 Tables of Terrain

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 am

YellowStreak wrote:
a hilterjugende t-shirt, which was....disconcerting. I don't even want to know where you you buy one of those...
Salute, 2007. As much as the South London Warlords would like to forget that episode.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 am

YellowStreak wrote:

I went to a Bolt Action tournament recently, which was fun. Thought my Early war foreign legion would be outclassed, but did ok with a win and a draw (I couldn't make the second day). I did play a guy wearing a hilterjugende t-shirt, which was....disconcerting. I don't even want to know where you you buy one of those...
That's great mate! :) Not the Hitler youth t-shirt :? , per se, but playing Bolt Action! :D

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”