Gauntlet 2.0

A monthly painting challenge open to everyone.
Konrad
Wargod

Re: Gauntlet 2.0

Post by Konrad » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:37 am

Wa wa waaaaaaaa.......
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:31 am

This is a cool theme!

I definitely have three factions represented on the backlog (can even do Imperium, Chaos and Xenos for the occasion). Not sure if I can do a diorama or anything to really capture the theme, but it'll do its job of getting those models *off* the backlog.

jus

Post by jus » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 pm

Karantu wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 am

And for next month's theme:

Mexican Standoff

The theme this time around is a little bit different but what I'm imagining is having at least 3 different models from 3 different factions (if possible). However, feel free to interpret it in anyway you see fit. (I'm expecting Jus to be printing sombreros right about now.)
Hmmm Sombreros. That would be pretty cool but like Jye I also have to work through my (ever increasing) backlog. But this is a fun theme! I look forward to seeing what folks come up with. No more Trump heads this time I think.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:34 pm

It is Monday so as is custom, here are the results for round 9.The winner for this round is Dave's Plagueburst Crawler at 19pts. 2nd is Matt's Deff Dread at 11pts followed by Jus and Jye tied for third at 6pts. If you're curious you can see the detailed results here.

Good luck to everyone on the next round. Also in case anyone's been wondering, I think its fair if you submit something you've painted this month to the Gauntlet and have it be part of your pledge for Primarch's challenge, as long as you paint it within the correct time frame.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:46 pm

Woot! Thanks, guys!

I'm thinking about what I might have on the bench to enter this month - creativity is not my strong suit, ha ha.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

jus

Post by jus » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:31 am

Oh dear....heads will roll for this.
Wait, what about the legal votes?? :lol: just kidding.

Congratualtions TOD for winning the election for Abosulte Unit.
This has nothing to do with the results of this last months gauntlet challenge, but it would be nice to see more community participation.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:01 am

Sadly my absolute unit got absolutely left on the shelf. I have some figures lined up for this challenge though.
jus wrote: Oh dear....heads will roll for this.
Wait, what about the legal votes?? :lol: just kidding.
I voted for Lord Donoldus, though I'm really more of an ABiden the Despoiler kind of guy. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jus

Post by jus » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:00 am

@prim: Don't...tempt me Frodo! I might actually print out an Abiden head.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:03 am

My entry for the Mexican Standoff.
All of the figures are from Malifaux, the terrain is from Reaper and (if I remember correctly) Charlie Foxtrot.
Angel Eyes, (on the boxes) from the Neverborn faction lines up a shot on Dr. Grimwell, (white coat) from the Guild faction. Meanwhile, the doctor is lining up a charge on the Midnight Stalker from the Outcast faction, (black coat and hat in the foreground), who is about to ambush Angel Eyes.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:31 am

When Typhus consumed St Bartolph's Throne and tore open a wound in reality where the planet had been, the shockwaves ripped across all Charadon. A Ministorum warship bearing Junith Eruita herself and a detachment of Sisters of Silence, both sent to aid the High Lord in the defence of Metalica, was forced from the Warp and crash landed on the world of Dyrachium VI.

The Dyrachium PDF had, at terrible cost, held off a massive Ork raid taking advantage of the Imperium's forces being occupied with the war against the invading forces of Chaos. This should have been a safe haven for Junith and her allies...until the Typhus' fell scheme came fully into fruition and the dead rose from the battlefields, animated by the foul energies of Nurgle. The Order of Our Martyred Lady and the Sisters of Silence were besieged by a limitless sea of the corpses of Dyrachium's defenders.

By the time the Convivial Praetorians arrived to collect a bountiful harvest of fresh Poxwalkers, all but a handful of Sisters had given up their lives to protect the Canoness Superior. They were overjoyed to find such a magnificent offering to their Grandfather and moved in to make the most of their opportunity. Yet little did they know that an even more vicious opportunist was at hand - Lelith Hersperax, already bored of the Charadon conflict, had gathered Ur-Ghuls to efficiently carve through the undead hordes and open the path to her collection of her prized new gladiators. And if the Death Guard were offering themselves as further volunteers, all the better for the jaded audiences of Commorragh...

Return to “The Gauntlet”