Gauntlet 2.0

A monthly painting challenge open to everyone.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Gauntlet 2.0

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Skillful Means, Knight Castellan of House Naga.

It has endured many trials in service to the Imperium, and comes prepared to bear many more in the Charadon sector at the behest of Master Inquisitor Tara. But no amount of wear will deprive it of its status as an absolute unit.

jus

Post by jus » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:51 am

@jye: Skillful means is certainly an absolute unit. Very impressive.

The Chapter Master has the power to do..... what the Chapter Master has the authority to do, which is very powerful
The Art of the Appeal

Incensed at having a great imperial victory stolen from him and the constant ridicule of his detractors, it seemed almost fated that once Chapter Master of the Republicans space marines chapter, Lord Donoldus would hearken to the sibilant whispers of dark gods and fall under the sway of the runious powers.

Obessed with self agrandisement, possessed of an incredible superiority complex and lust for absolute power, in Donoldus, now the Trumpeter of Falsehoods, the Dark Prince found a new champion. When not decapitating his subordinates for failure, his insane oratory rallies many a loyal citizen to take up arms against the imperium they once served. All who dare gainsay his absolute authority should know that the words "you're fired" and the swift falling of The Axe Executive are sure to follow!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:08 am

@jus - marvellous. I particularly like his new title :)

However, I feel that you may be putting yourself at a smidgeon of a disadvantage in the winners poll as I’d be surprised if many of us here could be persuaded to vote for…donaldus. :?

Maybe the voting website is rigged? Yes. That must be it…
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

jus

Post by jus » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:58 am

@mij: That. Is an excellent point. One that I didn't even consider before I started painting. Well, in any case, I'm sure the voters will do what they think is best. We're crushing it in the red states.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 am

A bit of a cop out from me this time but its better than nothing. My excuse being that I injured my hand preventing me from painting for 2 weeks but I had plenty of time outside of that period anyway.

Either way, here my entry for Absolute Unit (of Measurement).

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 am

Unit of measurement is a pretty good pun though 😅 Sorry to hear about your hand!

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:24 pm

I just finished up my entry at the last minute: my Deffdread, Sir Krumps-A-Lot.

This model was really frustrating to paint, though. Edge highlighting this thing almost broke me, to the point that I pretty much gave up halfway - I think it's the sloppiest thing I've done in a long time. Not to mention I dropped a brand new pot of leadbelcher on top of it, wasting half my pot and costing me hours of time fixing it up. I'm so happy it's just done. :cry:

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:25 pm

Karantu wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 am
Either way, here my entry for Absolute Unit (of Measurement).
I mean, the pun alone is worth a few points. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your hand though!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Sir Krumps A Lot is an absolute unit for sure. Looks great!

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 am

Amazing entries this time around, I can't wait to see the results. Anyway, here's the voting link. Voting will be open until the 2nd of October.

And for next month's theme:

Mexican Standoff

The theme this time around is a little bit different but what I'm imagining is having at least 3 different models from 3 different factions (if possible). However, feel free to interpret it in anyway you see fit. (I'm expecting Jus to be printing sombreros right about now.)
The usual rules apply and the deadline for round 10 is October 31st so go ahead and throw in one submission of anything you paint in that timespan that you think fits the theme.

今回のテーマはいつもとちょっと違うので、自分の解釈を説明します。少なくとも3体で、できればそれぞれ異なるファクションがいいと思います。好きに解釈していいので、テーマにそこまで縛られなくてもいいです。
締め切りは10/31なので、今日から締め切りの間に塗った物を1エントリーをこちらに投稿してください。
※モデルのサイズ、メーカー、数などの制限はありません。

Return to “The Gauntlet”