Bolt Action - Post Normandy Gaming

Discussion of Flames of War, Black Powder and other historical games.
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Bolt Action - Post Normandy Gaming

Post by job » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm

I looked at my Flames of War book with the reference to the SS units in Italy. Basically there were two panzergrenadier regiments of the 16. SS Panzergrenadier division. Previously they had served mostly in the capacity of anti-partisan fighting in the Balkans and Italy. They were thrown into the fighting separately alongside two German regular grenadier divisions.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:38 pm

job wrote:I looked at my Flames of War book with the reference to the SS units in Italy. Basically there were two panzergrenadier regiments of the 16. SS Panzergrenadier division. Previously they had served mostly in the capacity of anti-partisan fighting in the Balkans and Italy. They were thrown into the fighting separately alongside two German regular grenadier divisions.
Thanks for checking.

Well, I already have minis for the Herman Goering Panzer Division, so I guess I should get them done before investing in anything else. :)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

komura
Veteran

Post by komura » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:47 pm

As for Italian side, I checked order of battle during Italian campaign including Sicily.

Sicily: Italian infantry, artillery, armored
vehicles and PARA at Axis side
Monte Cassino : Italian infantry at Allied side
Anzio : Italian PARA and Decima MAS at Axis side

I can bring Italian minis for above mentioned scenario.

Return to “Historical Games”