November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Tyranii-chan
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Tyranii-chan » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:00 pm

A bit close to date, but I’m planning on being there with 50PL of crons. I can bring the same of nids as well if someone feels like donating biomass :lol:

User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
Posts: 7249
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:16 pm

@jye - just to confirm, Noah is still very keen, but Sean is kinda down for the count. All going well from here on in, Noah and I will see you (and everyone else) on Sunday 👍
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Jye Nicolson
Legend
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:53 pm

me_in_japan wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:16 pm
@jye - just to confirm, Noah is still very keen, but Sean is kinda down for the count. All going well from here on in, Noah and I will see you (and everyone else) on Sunday 👍
Sounds good! Hope Sean recovers quickly, we'll be sorry not to see him there.

Given it's just two of you, did you want to go 2x25PL vs a 50PL zombie horde?

User avatar
Surg
Rookie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:54 am

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Surg » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:10 am

I will bring 35 points worth of tau and the usual wolf team. Two of my friends will also come along to watch and learn if that's ok. One of them is into Necros but wants to see have the real game is played before he buys anything ( we played on tts before)
See you all on Sunday

User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
Posts: 7249
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:53 pm
me_in_japan wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:16 pm
@jye - just to confirm, Noah is still very keen, but Sean is kinda down for the count. All going well from here on in, Noah and I will see you (and everyone else) on Sunday 👍
Sounds good! Hope Sean recovers quickly, we'll be sorry not to see him there.

Given it's just two of you, did you want to go 2x25PL vs a 50PL zombie horde?
aye, sure :) Let's do that, if that's ok for you? I'll bring my craftworld eldar, I think, as that fits better with the ultramarines than my dark eldar (or my death guard...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Jye Nicolson
Legend
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:39 pm

me_in_japan wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 pm

aye, sure :) Let's do that, if that's ok for you? I'll bring my craftworld eldar, I think, as that fits better with the ultramarines than my dark eldar (or my death guard...)

Well I've packed a pile of poxies wrapping a crunchy Plague Marine centre, so I hope Noah is ready for the horde!

When should we expect you?

User avatar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!
Posts: 7249
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Tsu, Mie, Japan

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:35 pm

we should arrive at kanayama station at 10ish, so that plus however long it takes us to walk to the venue. Maybe half ten? Probably a bit before that.

I have sufficiently limited experience of 9e that I genuinely have no idea how the game might play out with the stuff I've picked for the lists. Hopefully lots of carnage, if nowt else :D (oh, btw - I had some trouble making noah's model availability match with the 25pl limit. I ended up going over by 2 or 3pl, so please feel free to add something to your list to make up the difference, if you like.)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Mephiston
Rookie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:58 pm

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Mephiston » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:58 pm

Hi everyone!

Recently joined this forum and looking forward to turning up later this morning. Haven't played or transported 40K for a good number of years now but hopefully my 25 - 50PL Necrons and smaller Ork force will handle the trip! Will also bring a few terrain items if anyone wants to use!

Thanks again!

Jye Nicolson
Legend
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:07 pm

me_in_japan wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:35 pm
we should arrive at kanayama station at 10ish, so that plus however long it takes us to walk to the venue. Maybe half ten? Probably a bit before that.

I have sufficiently limited experience of 9e that I genuinely have no idea how the game might play out with the stuff I've picked for the lists. Hopefully lots of carnage, if nowt else :D (oh, btw - I had some trouble making noah's model availability match with the 25pl limit. I ended up going over by 2 or 3pl, so please feel free to add something to your list to make up the difference, if you like.)

I'll toss in a couple of extra Plague Marines, they're about 1PL each.

I might be in a game when you get there, depending on who's there at 9 and how the first games shake out. I'm not bringing anything that makes for a long game today though - the zombies get mowed down pretty fast, and Tau are on the glass cannon side - so I'll be with you shortly.

Jye Nicolson
Legend
Posts: 1397
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:33 am

Thanks for the great games today folks! The shambling horrors of the Death Guard did better than expected, though maybe that was Just As Planned by the perfidious Aeldari? Certainly I'm not sure the Ultramarines should be trusting their erstwhile allies 🤔

Also while I was lucky enough to pick up a win vs @Surg's Tau (thanks mostly to "losing" the first turn roll), the magic flamer on his Enforcer Commander will be haunting my nightmares!

Great to meet new folks today and see everyone else again, hope to see you all on the 18th for the last game day of the year.

Post Reply

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”