June is ON! 6/28 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Re: June is ON! 6/28 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:53 am

Anyone free for 40k things in the morning still? If not I can have a longer lie in.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 am

Hey guys, hopefully gonna head over for the first time. I recently just got back into 40k and brought a few miniatures over to Japan, but I only have enough to make around 1000pts or so. Would that be ok or do I need to bring more?

I haven't played a game in over 10 years and I know a new edition is coming but still - I'd love to play at least one game in 8th.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:07 am

Mattb wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 am
Hey guys, hopefully gonna head over for the first time. I recently just got back into 40k and brought a few miniatures over to Japan, but I only have enough to make around 1000pts or so. Would that be ok or do I need to bring more?

I haven't played a game in over 10 years and I know a new edition is coming but still - I'd love to play at least one game in 8th.
Hi Matt!

1000 points is heaps, we generally play smaller games so that's right in the strike zone.

Tallgeese is still looking for a game in the morning, and if necessary we can shuffle lists around, maybe even play some team games with even smaller forces rather than 1v1s to make sure everyone gets a game.

Also there's folks playing Warcry, Killteam and Underworlds so you might have a chance to get a demo of those if you're interested.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:45 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:32 pm
Balloonacorn wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:17 pm
I am still looking for a game in the PM. Anyone still available for Kill Team? Warcry?
WarCry in the afternoon will be no problem - me and jus are definitely playing, and maybe Karantu, and I imagine Jye could be roped in without too much effort. :lol:
Warcry would be great. I need to try my new/first warband.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:07 am
Tallgeese is still looking for a game in the morning, and if necessary we can shuffle lists around, maybe even play some team games with even smaller forces rather than 1v1s to make sure everyone gets a game.

Also there's folks playing Warcry, Killteam and Underworlds so you might have a chance to get a demo of those if you're interested.
Sounds great! I'd be happy to get there in the morning.

Also I'd love to try out some different games. I don't have a real kill team but I could probably throw something together with the 40k models I have.

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Mattb wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Sounds great! I'd be happy to get there in the morning.

Also I'd love to try out some different games. I don't have a real kill team but I could probably throw something together with the 40k models I have.
If you are still free in the morning I will play an easy game of 40k with you - I mean a getting back into things game without too much complexity. I can play a smaller points game too if you want to learn the general rules and about your army. Let me know. :D

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:46 am

@The Underdweller

Does Dead of Winter work well with only 2 players?
If it does, I'm down, but if not, we could also do a game of Malifaux or 40k.
What do you think?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:49 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm
If you are still free in the morning I will play an easy game of 40k with you - I mean a getting back into things game without too much complexity. I can play a smaller points game too if you want to learn the general rules and about your army. Let me know. :D
Thanks, I'd definitely be keen for that! I can do a 1000pts list, but it probably won't be very competitive - so a nice casual game sounds great.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 am

Also I should say - if anyone wants a demo (or a non-demo) of Underworlds I'll have my stuff along.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:46 am
@The Underdweller

Does Dead of Winter work well with only 2 players?
If it does, I'm down, but if not, we could also do a game of Malifaux or 40k.
What do you think?
I've never tried it with 2 players before - I suppose it would be ok cooperatively. Or I had a look on Board Game Geek and they have a "Prisoner's Dilemma" homebrew which apparently makes it work pretty well. I don't mind if you'd rather bow out though. It's probably best with 3-4 players.

I'm not feeling into 40K recently, but It looks like you could probably pick up a game with someone, and I could likely get in some more Kill Team. Or if you don't mind playing 2nd edition, Malifaux would be fine. I'd be good with playing 3rd edition in the future, but I don't have the rules or cards yet, and don't have enough time this week to figure it out.

Let me know what's good for you!

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”