Sep 24 at E-able Nagoya (Higashi-Betsuin)

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Re: Sep 24 at E-able Nagoya (Higashi-Betsuin)

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 am

Sorry guys, will be a little late as I went the wrong way T.T

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Did anybody catch the date of the game next month?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Primarch wrote:Did anybody catch the date of the game next month?
The 15th - same time, same venue.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:25 pm

A good time had by all yesterday - lots of people coming out of the woodwork for 40K apparently, to the extent that we were seriously hurting for tables (only being able to get half the room hurt a bit too I guess). I had my first 100 power / 2000-points-ish game against Necrons, and it was good fun - the monolith is a beast, and the fact that it lets you bring in troops inside the usual 9" limit for deep-strike-analogues is pretty scary. In the end, though, I was able to get a terminator squad onto the main objective and that was that. We also had a team battle, 2 x 50 power each, which was good fun and extremely bloody, although I now have "preferred enemy - that crazy psychic Eldar airplane with the 18" range flame weapons", heh.

In general, I'm liking how marine-like marines feel, the new primaris units in particular. The extra wound makes a big difference, and they're just really hard to shake. They go down to concentrated fire, but they do need concentrated fire to take them down. The dreadnought facepunch squad continued to show its worth too - in the team game, my ironclad drew All the Fire, and still was able to chainfist a bunch of killa kans to death (before, to be sure, getting finished off by the last one - who was then ready to get power fist'ed by my lieutenant). The rievers, too, did their job again as they always do*; they're not some kind of death star super killer unit, but it seems they can always be counted on to tie up an enemy flank for a couple turns and maybe take out a unit or two, which is pretty dang good for 5 points. Expanding those to a squad of 10 may be in the books before too very long.

Thanks everyone for a great day!

*Also I just realized I was actually short-changing them on attacks - I forgot to count the extra attack for the combat knife all day. :o
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:34 am

Great (if slightly crowded) day of dice driven mayhem. Had a blast chasing Ono sans Boyz around the desert. I won, but 4 Diggachicks went to Vallahala. Took two OnoBoyz with them though. Blood on the sands of Gorkamorka! Gork (and possibly Mork) are pleased.
And had a very educational dip into the waters of 8th ed. Bloodletters are very tough teachers. Totally different game. We'll be re-learning how to play 40K. Got a few pictures to turn out sort of okay. Bad light and my camera is trash.
Image Image Image Image
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:47 am

Those land speeders look oddly familiar. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”