December 17th at E-Able Nagoya (Higashi Betsuin)

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: December 17th at E-Able Nagoya (Higashi Betsuin)

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Many thanks to Prim for the enjoyable (yet bloody indeed) game of Frostgrave. Two dead wizards and two dead apprentices - ouch. Also many thanks to Spevna, Lovejoy and particularly to Asrayel for his encyclopedic knowledge of the 40k rules. Not quite so grateful for his 'orrible great flying monstrosity murderating my poor helpless Terminators in one shot, but when the dice gods speaketh, us mere mortals can do naught but heed em. Them's the breaks, I suppose :) It was a fun game, and victory certainly went to the better team. Next time I'm bringing me some big guns :twisted: Cheers, all :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Not quite so grateful for his 'orrible great flying monstrosity murderating my poor helpless Terminators in one shot, but when the dice gods speaketh, us mere mortals can do naught but heed em.
Was that the friggin' psychic airplane? *shakes fist* :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:56 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:Not quite so grateful for his 'orrible great flying monstrosity murderating my poor helpless Terminators in one shot, but when the dice gods speaketh, us mere mortals can do naught but heed em.
Was that the friggin' psychic airplane? *shakes fist* :lol:
It's even painted red....
Thanks to Yellowstreak and Ono-san for a most instructive game of Frostgrave. I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I will have to re-think my strategy of "Use telekinesis to pull the treasure towards you" in 3 way games, as it sort of dragged my opponents to me too. But I'd have pulled it off if not for the damn indestructible random encounter zombie!
And on top of that got in a quick bit of Gorkamorka. Good fun! TRUKKOSAURUS!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:13 pm

me_in_japan wrote:...many thanks to Spevna, Lovejoy and particularly to Asrayel for his encyclopedic knowledge of the 40k rules. Not quite so grateful for his 'orrible great flying monstrosity murderating my poor helpless Terminators in one shot, but when the dice gods speaketh, us mere mortals can do naught but heed em. Them's the breaks, I suppose :) It was a fun game, and victory certainly went to the better team. Next time I'm bringing me some big guns :twisted: Cheers, all :)
I thought that you fellers had won to be fair! It matters not a jot in any case, had a fun time. Let me echo the thanks to Asrayel, Spev and MiJ. The Wolves didn’t really make much impact in either game I played (game 1: Spev and myself, game 2: the 4 player action described above). I had a pretty simple Grey Hunter list based on what I actually had painted, and it was a mite light on good AP weapons. So shifting those @!&¥ing kans was a problem! I managed to turn Spev’s Boss into molten slag in short order during game one, but this was the zenith of the days achievement. I have plans to extract revenge on those trash kans though, oh yes.
Only four games under my belt in this edition, but it does feel like 40k has cleared the decks and gotten its mojo back. I’ve gone from not particularly caring about the game to list building a fair bit in my spare minutes.

++edited a bit for clarity and stelling nistakes++
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”