Yokkaichi gaming group

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

Yokkaichi gaming group

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:49 am

Does anyone know when the Japanese Yokkaichi group meets and what it is like? I hear from the Admiral that they are power gamers and there isn't that much space.

Please enlighten me. 8-)

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Yokkaichi gaming group

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 am

I have not been in a while... But what I can tell you is. They were playing with some of the filthiest lists I have ever seen and yet still having great fun with it... no body took the game too seriously and no matter how bad any one got stomped they had a laugh afterwards... It was great fun laid back and just an all around good time... I really wish they ran tournaments..

As far as gaming space is concerned, I would say there are always guys just standing around sometimes there is a table or 2 open and everyone is just watching one game... actual table space is around 3 tables.. but they could have at least one more if you bring your own box of terrain. Parking sucks so if you go take the JR line to YokkaichiJR station.. it is very near to the place they play.

Some days they play D&D on those days there will be one less game table. I would call ahead and let them know you are coming and about what time you intend on arriving (09083385891)... the place opens at 13:00 and dice start rolling when ever any one is ready...the event ends at around 21:30 I have never stayed until the end I normally played one game and then hung out for a bit look at the stuff the guy is selling ask if he has some models that I do not have and then I head out...

the cost is 600yen
some days they are doing a bit of card gaming as well on those days it is packed with smelly card gamers...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:16 pm

So when do they play? Every Sunday?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53 pm

I think they play every other sunday but never on the 5th sunday...
MIJ
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:54 pm

I Think you should call them...
MIJ
MIJ

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Right. Will do. Thanks.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”