COOL PLACE FOR GAMING SESSIONS AND EVENTS

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
khorne
Rookie

Re: COOL PLACE FOR GAMING SESSIONS AND EVENTS

Post by khorne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:29 am

Well, tonight I'll be there, ok? And Friday also.

Tell me also when you're having your next big event. Why don't we have it here?

On a side note... I can't really get the "Japanese spouses who don't get the "hanging out after work"... I mean, this is THE SOCIETY where neglecting wives and hanging-out after work things have been institutionalized... (of course I am not suggesting you have to fight with your wives or neglect them... just curious about this thing...)

See you soon (maybe tonight?)

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:24 am

Lol :D Have you ever had a wife?! No just kidding. I used to game every weekend before I got married this year. We have a little one on the way now and it's more a case of wanting to spend time to take care of her. Plus I think one of the attractions of women here marrying foreigners is that they know we can spend time with kids etc. Also to be fair to the Japanese younger generation of fathers they are very kind and seem to spend a lot of time with their kids these days, it is changing. In fact when I went to the DR with my wife the nurse said "Please be a kind father as many fathers in Japan are kind these days". :D

Before marriage I was often out gaming. Usually once a month now. Less is more.

I don't see why we can't organise a really full on monster of an event next year if we combine gaming groups.
There is my lot the Tsu rpg and boardgames group, Kansai Jigg Kyoto and Osaka group, Nagoyahammer and the Nagoya Rpgers. There are many groups in Japan that could come together and organise a massive weekend of wargames, rpg and boardgames. I would be up for organising it but we would need a team of about 4 or 5 reliable people to run it. Let's meet with the heads of each family and work something out.

Thought and suggestions? Perhaps we could get the organisers of each group to have a meeting in Mondo books in Nagoya. After Halloween is good for me. We would need Prim and Mike, Admiral, Mus, myself, Satarou, Ikeda, Emanuele, Ted Bonah (kyoto), Linda and Paul (near Osaka) to have a sit down. Who knows we might even get a game of Fury of Dracula in too. What say you?
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

khorne
Rookie

Post by khorne » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 am

Oook thank you for your reply... I'll be there around 20.30 tonight. See you, gotta go now

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:33 am

ashmie wrote:I don't see why we can't organise a really full on monster of an event next year if we combine gaming groups.
There is my lot the Tsu rpg and boardgames group, Kansai Jigg Kyoto and Osaka group, Nagoyahammer and the Nagoya Rpgers. There are many groups in Japan that could come together and organise a massive weekend of wargames, rpg and boardgames. I would be up for organising it but we would need a team of about 4 or 5 reliable people to run it. Let's meet with the heads of each family and work something out.

Thought and suggestions? Perhaps we could get the organisers of each group to have a meeting in Mondo books in Nagoya. After Halloween is good for me. We would need Prim and Mike, Admiral, Mus, myself, Satarou, Ikeda, Emanuele, Ted Bonah (kyoto), Linda and Paul (near Osaka) to have a sit down. Who knows we might even get a game of Fury of Dracula in too. What say you?
This isnt really the thread for this discussion, if you want to run something, then start a new thread where people can discuss it, without derailing this one. Not, saying its a bad idea, just that it needs its own room to grow.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:20 am

This isnt really the thread for this discussion, if you want to run something, then start a new thread where people can discuss it, without derailing this one. Not, saying its a bad idea, just that it needs its own room to grow.
Excuse me, derailing? :shock: That was not my intention at all. In fact I was suggesting having a meeting about organising a big event with all gaming parties at Mondo books and if there was time a short board game as well.
Jeez sorry to get your back up. Sometimes I wonder why I even post on this forum at all. It seems no matter what I or anyone else for that matter writes it just gets shot down. :cry: Not only myself but other gamers who once were happy to post have since given up due to the hate or criticism/teasing/nit picking they received. Lighten up guys, lets get on. Voss even said it once, "With friends like these, who need enemies".

Perhaps big gaming events or change is not something people want after all. This guy Emanuele just offered a new place for gaming and has the balls to come on here and tell us about it and he also gets it in the neck. Admittedly from me also, at first I thought it was too small a venue but perhaps not. It looks more than feasible. You should check it out if you can.
Hopefully we can get something big organised some day for players from all over. Or we can grumble and sweat away in our own groups.
Peace. That's all. :!: :?: :!: :geek:
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 am

ashmie wrote:Excuse me, derailing? :shock: That was not my intention at all. In fact I was suggesting having a meeting about organising a big event with all gaming parties at Mondo books and if there was time a short board game as well.
Jeez sorry to get your back up. Sometimes I wonder why I even post on this forum at all. It seems no matter what I or anyone else for that matter writes it just gets shot down. :cry: Not only myself but other gamers who once were happy to post have since given up due to the hate or criticism/teasing/nit picking they received. Lighten up guys, lets get on. Voss even said it once, "With friends like these, who need enemies".

Perhaps big gaming events or change is not something people want after all. This guy Emanuele just offered a new place for gaming and has the balls to come on here and tell us about it and he also gets it in the neck. Admittedly from me also, at first I thought it was too small a venue but perhaps not. It looks more than feasible. You should check it out if you can.
Hopefully we can get something big organised some day for players from all over. Or we can grumble and sweat away in our own groups.
Ash, dude!
Overreacting much? :D :D :D
I simply wanted to have two threads, one for Emanuele to organise evening events and one for everyone to discuss having a big multi-game event. This thread is already 8 pages long, and having two discussions going on at the same time just makes it difficult for people to find the information they want.
I'm all for big events, and have no issue with putting time, money and effort into getting them off the ground. Nobody was hating on your idea or Emanuele offering up this new gaming space. If you want to use Mondo books to have a meeting, thats cool, but there is no harm in allowing that conversation to have it's own dedicated section where the people who are interested in it can find it easily.
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.
P.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

khorne
Rookie

Post by khorne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 am

Peace dudes... I just want to set up a nice place where to set up events. Don't want to stir no confrontation or stuff... that said... will be there tomorrow night and friday night as well.

Cheers.

I'll soon create a BIG EVENTS thread so to not incur in the WRATH OF THE MODERATOR (coming soon, in the best forums)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:58 am

howdy howdy - just to clarify (as many may have already deduced) Ash, like myself, is currently in a bit of a "NYAAAAAARGH BLOODY JOB GNGNGNG" phase, so if he comes across as a bit trigger happy, go easy on him, will ya? Those of you who know him personally know he's a pretty chilled out bloke usually :)

Just for my tuppence worth on the ongoing discussions:

1) Yon book shop looks good. Not really my place to say so, as its out of my likely gaming area, but still, seems good. Wish we had one here.

2) a big ol' get together with role playing, card games, wargames, etseterrah etsetteraaaah would be a fun thing. Logistically a sonuvabitch, but fun, if you could make it work. But as mentioned previously, thats a discussion for another thread :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ennui
Veteran

Post by ennui » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:21 pm

me_in_japan wrote:howdy howdy - just to clarify (as many may have already deduced) Ash, like myself, is currently in a bit of a "NYAAAAAARGH BLOODY JOB GNGNGNG" phase, so if he comes across as a bit trigger happy, go easy on him, will ya? Those of you who know him personally know he's a pretty chilled out bloke usually :)

Just for my tuppence worth on the ongoing discussions:

1) Yon book shop looks good. Not really my place to say so, as its out of my likely gaming area, but still, seems good. Wish we had one here.

2) a big ol' get together with role playing, card games, wargames, etseterrah etsetteraaaah would be a fun thing. Logistically a sonuvabitch, but fun, if you could make it work. But as mentioned previously, thats a discussion for another thread :)
Yes, I am definitely going through the same sort of job stress; only being able to game once a month or so certainly isn't helping. I haven't played any wargaming at all for a couple of months now, it seems. Sigh.

1) Last month when I went to Tokyo I went to that TRPG cafe and had an absolute blast playing an rpg session on a friday night. I really wished we had a place like that in Nagoya. Tokyo is a different beast than Naggy, though, and with just the foreigner gaming population it would be hard to get something going like that. The rpg place in Tokyo is in a central location, too, which really helps.

As far as my situation goes, my wife comes home after I do everyday, and I'm doing overtime most of the time. I've got lots of chores to get done and dinner to make so that we can have some semblance of a clean home. I wish I could just run off to game on any weekday, but with some planning I could make (maybe) a day a week work.

2) Yes, make that thread and let's get something going.

khorne
Rookie

Post by khorne » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Look, Kamimaezu is also pretty central... on Foot is just 10 minutes from OSU...

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”