Nagoya Games Day Oct 30th

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Nagoya Games Day Oct 30th

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:42 am

asch wrote:
Primarch wrote:
Yeah,
I'll bring some 40K along. 2000 points vs Grey Knights eh? That should be fun.
Will you be there in the morning or the afternoon?
Thank a lot! I'll be there in the morning, hopefully from the beginning.

Will you be there in the afternoon too, Asch? I would like to play a 1500 point game of 40K if you are up for it.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks to everyone for another great day.

I had a close game of 40k Vs Asch's Grey Knights. Paladins are very tough to shift and the apothecary was well worth his points. At the same time, I was pretty impressed by my Mark of Tzeentch marines. That 5+ invulnerable (and good Ld checks) kept them on the table for a good long time. Not bad for a unit upgrade.

In the afternoon my Skaven were scrapping with the Smurfs. Between the Hellpit Abomination and some good dice rolling for magic ToD's little blue guys were dragged off in chains back to the under-city. Squeek!

I'm looking forward to next month's games. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:59 am

A big thank you to everyone from me too.

@ Underdweller - Thanks for guiding Konrad and I through a good game of Cutlass, where dead bodies lay everywhere!

@ Konrad - Thanks for giving Underdweller and I our first taste of Mordheim - Note to self - spears are ace!!!

@ Mike - Thanks for the game of Warhammer Fantasy. Lady luck was not with the Beastmen this day.

@Tenorikuma - The Wood Elves save the forest! Hoorah! Great first game bud! Lady luck accepted our sacrifice...Muahahahahaha ;) We were fleet of foot and sure of shots! Hoorah!

Look forward to the next one guys. :D

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:15 pm

I do not like the Hellpit Abomination. He is not my friend!

A couple of good games today! The game with Mike felt like a close thing right up until the final combat, which is always fun. Against the Skaven, I just never found my feet - too many weird things on the board and I couldn't decide which needed my attention most.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

asch
Veteran

Post by asch » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Thank you, guys! I enjoyed Joshin event after long absence.

@Primarch
It was a fun game. Thank you for your frequent reminder about rules and chances I was going to miss!
It was amazing also to me that Paladin apothecary do his job worth for his point cost. Terminator + 2 wound each + Feel No Pain = very resilient wall against "Make them drawn by flood of wounds" kind of hordes.
I seriously consider making Alien Hunter with Plasma Syphon to team-up with Paladins.

@Underdweller
I'm afraid I had not read your invitation beforehand. I had decided to come home rather early in the afternoon.
I'm looking forward to the next chance to play 40K against you.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 pm

I had a great time too. Thanks to the Underdweller for guiding me and Kojibear the ropes of Cutlass. (or should that be the riggin' arrrr.) And thanks for putting up with my good luck and pointy spears for that introduction to Mordhiem. Hope you'll visit the City of the Darned again.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 am

@Konrad: Thanks for showing Mordheim to Koji and me! Even though we lost pretty badly, I could still see the appeal to the setting - I guess it pays to play a few practice games before building an list, to see what works and what doesn't.

I had fun "coaching" Cutlass- sorry about the rules mix-ups, at least you still seemed pretty evenly matched, since nearly everyone was taken out by the end of the game! I don't think using the fleeing rules would actually have changed that a lot, since it's fairly easy to recover your nerve, especially with the help of the captain.

@Asch- don't worry about it, I asked you pretty late so I wasn't sure if you would see it before game day - I hope your party went well!

Anyway, I was happy to try out my new Warmachine Exemplar Cinerators who I am happy with so far; although I really like my Exemplar Errants they just don't work well with some warcasters, like Reznik - I need someone who can take a bit more damage and not be trampled so easily!

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”