Shachi Bowl II for Real- June 25 at Nagoya Seinen Shiluhaku

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Underdweller
Legend

Shachi Bowl II for Real- June 25 at Nagoya Seinen Shiluhaku

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 am

SHACHI BOWL 2017

Where: Nagoya Seishonen Shukuhaku Senta (名古屋青少年宿泊センター), Classroom #4 (教室4).
(June Wargamer's Club)

The Webpage of the center is here:
http://youth.s16.valueserver.jp/shukusen/index.php

It is in walking distance from Minami-Ohdaka St. (opposite side of Aeon Mall). It has its own parking with 30 lots, which costs 300 yen per day.

When: June 25 (Sun) 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

First round: 10:30 am

Lunch: 12:30-1:30

Second round: 2:00 pm

Cost 500 yen (to the Wargamer's Club, not me)

Tournament Rules:

We are using the Competition Rules Pack (CRP). You can find information about it here:
http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/

Edit: We will actually be using the new 2016 rules, which are almost the same as the CRP. You can see the changes here:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... ic&t=28462

And download Teams of Legend here: https://www.bloodbowl.com/

Game Timing: Turns should be kept to 4 minutes or so, although stopping the clock to check the rules is OK. This is a pretty casual event, so I am not going to be especially strict about this. If the game isn't finished in time, the score at the time of stopping will be used.

Weather can be used if both players agree. The Illegal Procedure rule will not be used

Match-ups: There will only be 2 games due to timing. For the first game, opponents will be chosen at random. In the second game, the winners will play each other. Star Player Points (except MVP) will be used to break ties as necessary. Really this time.

Teams revert to their starting rosters for the second game.

Team Building:

1) You have 1,100,000 Gold to build the team (min 11 players). You can use part of your starting gold to purchase up to 100,000 of Inducements as part of your team, and use those Inducements for both games.

2) Pick a skills package*:

• Package A: 6 regular skills. Decide which 6 players will receive skills and select their skills from their regular skill charts (1 skill per player)

• Package B: 4 regular skills, 1 ‘doubles’ skill. Decide which 4 players will receive skills and select their skills from their regular skill charts. Decide which 1 player will receive the doubles skill and select his skill from the appropriate ‘doubles’ skill chart (skills only - statistic increases are not allowed - same player cannot have a regular and 'doubles' skill).

*Note: When choosing these skills, the same skill may not be chosen more than twice by any one team. Of course this does not include any starting skills the team comes with.

Mutations may be selected for players who have access to the mutations chart (selected in the same manner as skills above, so may be a ‘regular’ skill for some players or ‘doubles’ for others).

Attendees

Confirmed so far:

1) The Underdweller (one paper board, 1 team available to lend out - Undead/Pro-Elf))
2) The Other Dave
3) Yellowstreak (2+ boards, spare teams)
4) Spevna (board)
5) Me in Japan (board, spare teams)
6) Kojibear (board)
7) Grim Ironjaw
8) Lovejoy

Maybe:

Konrad
Last edited by The Underdweller on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Shachi Bowl II - June 17th

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:50 am

Well if I can attend I will -- I'm not 100% sure of my availability yet.

I have 2 of the new larger boards and will have to look for my older boards. Assuming I can attend I also have a number of teams people can borrow, I'll list them later.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:30 am

YellowStreak wrote:Well if I can attend I will -- I'm not 100% sure of my availability yet.

I have 2 of the new larger boards and will have to look for my older boards. Assuming I can attend I also have a number of teams people can borrow, I'll list them later.
Thanks, YS, that's really nice of you!

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:16 am

I work on Saturdays, so shall have to give it a miss this year.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:55 am

I need to check schedules etc, but if I can make it, I'll bring a board and a couple of spare teams.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:56 pm

@MIJ, Ok, thanks!

@Spevna: Yeah, I was a little worried booking on Saturday, but that was when the room was available. I'll have to take a day off for it myself.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:39 am

The Underdweller wrote:@MIJ, Ok, thanks!

@Spevna: Yeah, I was a little worried booking on Saturday, but that was when the room was available. I'll have to take a day off for it myself.
No worries mate. Needs must, and all that :)

If next year's is on a Sunday, I'll be there with bells on!
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:52 am

I, too, would like to come. I will hopefully have a mat and hopefully a painted team. :)

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 am

@Kojibear - OK, cool!

@All - so, last year went pretty well, I think. But, there's always room for improvement. The main thing people seemed to want change was the rules for team building, in order to prevent this like, for example, me adding Dodge to 4 Ghouls.

So, do you think there should be a limit on the number of times you can select the same skill for your team? Should it be only once, or twice, for each skill? Here are the team building rules from last year, for reference:

Team Building:

1) You have 1,100,000 Gold to build the team (min 11 players). You can use part of your starting gold to purchase up to 100,000 of Inducements as part of your team, and use those Inducements for both games.

2) Pick a skills package:

• Package A: 6 regular skills. Decide which 6 players will receive skills and select their skills from their regular skill charts (1 skill per player)

• Package B: 4 regular skills, 1 ‘doubles’ skill. Decide which 4 players will receive skills and select their skills from their regular skill charts. Decide which 1 player will receive the doubles skill and select his skill from the appropriate ‘doubles’ skill chart (skills only - statistic increases are not allowed - same player cannot have a regular and 'doubles' skill).

Mutations may be selected for players who have access to the mutations chart (selected in the same manner as skills above, so may be a ‘regular’ skill for some players or ‘doubles’ for others).

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 am

Do you start each game with your original line up, or do players that have been KOed stay that way?

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”