Shachi Bowl II for Real- June 25 at Nagoya Seinen Shiluhaku

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Shachi Bowl II - June 17th

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:38 am

How about making it a rule that half (rounding down) of your skills must be given to linemen? That'd prevent the 4-dodgy-ghouls problem, and iirc, in an actual campaign you'd usually have a fair smattering of linemen who'd either gotten lucky and nabbed an mvp, or actually done something useful, been the right man in the right place, and scored a td or summat.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Shachi Bowl II - June 17th

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:41 pm

@Kojibear: I just used the original roster for all games during the day, so that people wouldn't get discouraged if a bunch of their guys got injured, and also so there wasn't as much of a rush leveling up players and things between games.

@MiJ: Sorry, I meant I added Block to 4 Ghouls...they already have Dodge.

As to your idea, I think it would work with most teams - the problem I can see is that some teams whose linemen come with Skills from the start - for example, Amazons, whose Linewomen come with Dodge already, so they would be quite similar to my Ghouls, and Dwarf Blockers with Guard might be pretty good, too.

But I suppose giving a maximum of 2 of the same Skill to any one player type might work? For example, maximum two Blocks on Ghouls, in my case, but I could give another team member Block, or give a third Ghoul something else.

The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Shachi Bowl II for Real- at the June Wargamer's Club

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

So, as most people seem to have a bit more free time on Sundays, I have decided to hold this at the Regular June "Joshin" Event. Generally there is enough room for a few games of Blood Bowl there, as they don't take up much room.

I have edited the first post to include rules and a list of people who have said they'd like to come if their schedule permits it. I'll update it once I know the actual location and date, but it will likely be the third Sunday in June (the 18th).

Sorry for any confusion, and hope to see you there!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Shachi Bowl II for Real- at the June Wargamer's Club

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Nice! I'm in, then!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Shachi Bowl II for Real- June 25 at Nagoya Seinen Shiluh

Post by The Underdweller » Tue May 30, 2017 4:35 am

I'm giving this a bump to remind people about it. Rules and things are in the first post.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:37 am

Spevna has convinced me to attend, and I have in turn convinced my wife to allow me to!
The only snags are that I have only a vague nodding acquaintance with BB rules (think I was walked through a game of it once back in, ooh, '88 or something!), and I have nothing whatsoever related to the game. So there's that. If these problems are insurmountable, fair dos, I can give it a miss. If I can be acommodated though, I'd like to give it a bash. I can do some homework beforehand and get the basics down I reckon.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:24 am

Lovejoy wrote:Spevna has convinced me to attend, and I have in turn convinced my wife to allow me to!
The only snags are that I have only a vague nodding acquaintance with BB rules (think I was walked through a game of it once back in, ooh, '88 or something!), and I have nothing whatsoever related to the game. So there's that. If these problems are insurmountable, fair dos, I can give it a miss. If I can be acommodated though, I'd like to give it a bash. I can do some homework beforehand and get the basics down I reckon.
Great! There should be teams to borrow, and beginners are fine.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:25 pm

A quick check on a few points:

1) Is there a need for me to bring a board? It's certainly doable, but if I dont need to, I'd rather not bring it all the way just to bring it home again.

2) Likewise, is there a need for me to bring spare teams? If someone wants to use them (dark elves or lizardmen) they are welcome to, but again, no point in bringing them just for sightseeing.

3) Should I bring back the trophy from last year? Or is there a new one for this year? :D

ps I will be playing dropfleet against ToD, either in the morning or afternoon (let me check in the regular thread...) so I will likely only be available for 1 out of 2 games of BB. If this plays silly buggers with attendee numbers, let me know.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:42 pm

me_in_japan wrote:A quick check on a few points:

1) Is there a need for me to bring a board? It's certainly doable, but if I dont need to, I'd rather not bring it all the way just to bring it home again.

2) Likewise, is there a need for me to bring spare teams? If someone wants to use them (dark elves or lizardmen) they are welcome to, but again, no point in bringing them just for sightseeing.

3) Should I bring back the trophy from last year? Or is there a new one for this year? :D

ps I will be playing dropfleet against ToD, either in the morning or afternoon (let me check in the regular thread...) so I will likely only be available for 1 out of 2 games of BB. If this plays silly buggers with attendee numbers, let me know.
More good questions!

1) As far as boards go, so far we likely have 8 players (if Konrad wants to join, I can "coach" him), so will need 4 boards.

Volunteers to bring boards include Yellowstreak (probably 2), Spevna, Kojibear, and you - which makes 5 boards. ( I will bring my laminated paper one too, but honestly a real board is better.)

So, maybe! I will try to double check with the others to see if they are still able to bring their boards, then get back to you.

2) I think the people who need to borrow a team have already spoken up, so you should be fine, unless someone asks to borrow them in the next day or so. I'll bring my Undead just in case.

3) There is indeed a new trophy! I figured since I have actually done very little for this tournament (piggybacked the date onto the regular event, borrowed materials from other people, mostly re-used the rules that I created with lots of help from YS last year), the least I could do was bring a trophy.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:56 am

And the winners of Shachi Bowl 2017 are:

1) Grim Ironjaw
2) Kojibear

Let kudos be heaped upon them!

Thanks to everyone who came out, especially those who brought boards and spare teams.

Hope to see you all next year.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”