June Kuwana Gaming

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Dungeon Lord
Legend

June Kuwana Gaming

Post by Dungeon Lord » Wed May 24, 2017 4:20 am

Hi all.

The next Kuwana Gaming day is Sunday June 11th.

9:30 to 22:00. 200 yen playing fee.

The event will be held at the Kuwana Chousha again (桑名庁舎)just behind GUSTO on Route 1. It is the building just behind the main building (the one without a flag). Just plug the below address into google maps. The address is Mieken Kuwanashi chuochou 5 choume 71 (日本, 三重県桑名市中央町5丁目71 三重県桑名庁舎)

I would like to encourage anything that is not Warhammer 40K or Warhammer Fantasy. I will be playing board/card games. Feel free to post games you want to play.

Hope to see you there!

Auxryn
Champion

Re: June Kuwana Gaming

Post by Auxryn » Mon May 29, 2017 3:46 pm

I am free on June 11th!

I would be happy to bring:

Dropfleet Commander
Dropzone Commander
Strange Aeons
Gorka Morka

I can bring two armies of Dropzone or Dropfleet if anyone wants to try them. I would be willing to try other board/card games as well.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue May 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Good to hear Auxryn!

Have you hit Konrad up for Gorka Morka? Do you want me to message Kondo-san or Satoru for you?

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 am

Dungeon Lord wrote:Good to hear Auxryn!

Have you hit Konrad up for Gorka Morka? Do you want me to message Kondo-san or Satoru for you?
Consider me hit. Hey Aux, you want to continue the Ballad of John Bombaz? I'd like to try those home-brew Weapons rules and make a new Diggamob. I just wish I had more dinosaurs!
Satoru told me he is going to be swamped with the Mie-mo event, so won't be playing anything till it's done.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 am

Should be a good turnout this time. Looking forward to it!

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 am

I'd be happy to bring along the Bomzas Brothers, and their fearsome leader the Green Baron!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Auxryn wrote:I'd be happy to bring along the Bomzas Brothers, and their fearsome leader the Green Baron!
Curse you Green Baron! (insert Snoopy as WW1 Flying Ace here)
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 am

Thanks to everyone who came yesterday. I hope you all had a good time!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 am

Dust, blood, flame, the deafening roar of engines, dinosaurs eating cactus, last episode of Fury Road Kuwana had it all.

The Green Baron came swooping in on the legendary TRUK O SAURUS. Grenades fell from the sky like rain. Big heavy rain that explodes into a shower of red-hot shrapnel, but otherwise like rain.

This episode marks the first appearance of the Dinochicks. I have finally accomplished my life long goal of a building a unit of prehistoric amazon road warrior miniature figures. I can die a happy man now.

Dinosaur showdown!

Round and Round

By the end of the game the Green Baronz Boyz had literally run out of ammo for every single weapon they had, and they were packing. The "x"s are failed ammo checks.

So they rammed Diggasaurus (the Dinochicks due to a bad die roll had already accidentally ridden off the board....) and everyone jumped off to attack Trukkosaurus' driver. One made it and the driver just barely lost the hand to hand combat. The rest of the Baron's Boyz then jumped him. Trukko-driver almost (almost....) managed to beat the 3 of them off, but finally succumbed to his wounds. But even worse, that mighty earth-shaking Trukk of Trukks was destroyed! Noooooo! Curse you Green Baron! Not that I was taking sides or anything......

I played another game, Dinochicks vs TRUKKOSAURUS II, The Legend Continues. Turn one, the Diggasaurus fails a dice roll and crashes into a cactus and was rendered immobile due to the damage roll. I guess it was hungry and stopped for lunch. Trukkosaurus II ran away with almost all the loot. I managed to pick on off though.

Great fun. @Auxryn- Still working out the bugs in those flyin' rules. Need to add something about a minimum move distance asides from the "No slow speed maneuvers" bit. The image I had was to have flyers swoop about, not hovering and tailing. I think in that scenario flyers should start on the ground too. What do you think?
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:02 am

I don't know. The rules are pretty vague about moving on your own turn while chasing. I could see a longer minimum move for flyers being reasonable. 6 inches would be fine.

The result would likely to be moving from tailing to racing, then trying to shift to the other side and skid turn to get back into another race. Which is fine with me, really.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”