Sep 24 at E-able Nagoya (Higashi-Betsuin)

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Sep 24 at E-able Nagoya (Higashi-Betsuin)

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:21 am

asrayel wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:Looks like lots of 40K going on! I'm potentially free in the afternoon (unless New Facebook Guy weighed in and I missed it), so I'll have 75PL and 100PL lists ready for whoever's interested.
Are you still up for a 100PL in the afternoon? Sorry...I got really busy with work the last week or two.
No problem - and sure! :D Depending on how long my morning game takes, we may want to shoot for 75PL though. We can play it by ear.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:36 am

The Other Dave wrote:Call for bitz!

Would anybody who's coming happen to have a spare IG grenade launcher and/or a half dozen or so Mk 3 space marine helmets?
I know I've got the GL. Mk3...nope.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

asrayel
Rookie

Post by asrayel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am

The Other Dave wrote:
asrayel wrote:
The Other Dave wrote:Looks like lots of 40K going on! I'm potentially free in the afternoon (unless New Facebook Guy weighed in and I missed it), so I'll have 75PL and 100PL lists ready for whoever's interested.
Are you still up for a 100PL in the afternoon? Sorry...I got really busy with work the last week or two.
No problem - and sure! :D Depending on how long my morning game takes, we may want to shoot for 75PL though. We can play it by ear.
I shall be prepared either way!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:14 am

Ono-san will be up, and I can't say no to a game of Go-Mo. Vroom! Roar! TRUKKOSAURUS! So that's my morning. Afternoon, I'd love to try a game of 40K or two.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:52 am

Here are the matchups as best I have been able to sort out:

Morning-
ToD vs. New Facebook Guy
Jus vs. Tallgeese
Underdweller vs. MiJ
Mike the Pike vs. Asrayel
Konrad vs. Ono

Unmatched - Auxryn

Afternoon-
ToD vs. Asarayel
MiJ vs. Mike

Unmatched - Jus, Tallgeese, Konrad, Auxryn, Ono?, New Facebook Guy?

I've picked out 100PP of Orks to bring, though I can play at less if the situation calls for it.

@Jus - How about an afternoon game?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Auxryn wrote:Here are the matchups as best I have been able to sort out:

Morning-
ToD vs. New Facebook Guy
Jus vs. Tallgeese
Underdweller vs. MiJ
Mike the Pike vs. Asrayel
Konrad vs. Ono

Unmatched - Auxryn

Afternoon-
ToD vs. Asarayel
MiJ vs. Mike

Unmatched - Jus, Tallgeese, Konrad, Auxryn, Ono?, New Facebook Guy?

I've picked out 100PP of Orks to bring, though I can play at less if the situation calls for it.

@Jus - How about an afternoon game?
New Facebook Guy = Asarayel :) That's my afternoon matchup. Morning I've got the Japanese-Necrons-guy-whose-forums-name-I-can't-recall. :D

Hopefully we'll be OK for tables - ISTR we have a smaller room than we did last month.
-----

jus

Post by jus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 am

@auxryn: Aye, sounds capital!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:56 am

can someone more knowledgable than I plz advise on my rules query over here http://www.nagoyahammer.com/forum/viewt ... &start=150 ?

I'm finding 8th ed a bit finicky to get my head around, particularly the rules regarding what kind of game is being played and the rules that apply to it (i.e. when do you use Open War cards? Tactical Objectives cards? I appreciate that both are optional, but having got them, it'd be nice to know if they actually come in handy sometimes, or if they're extreme edge case uses only. Also, Is it automatically classed as Open Play if you're not using granular points and not doing a Narrative Game? Or can it be Matched Play with Power Levels? If it is Matched Play, can one use the aforementioned decks? I understand that one can always just work things out with one's opponent and wing it, but what does the BRB actually have to say on the matter? I'm rather unclear on this.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:08 pm

me_in_japan wrote:can someone more knowledgable than I plz advise on my rules query over here http://www.nagoyahammer.com/forum/viewt ... &start=150 ?

I'm finding 8th ed a bit finicky to get my head around, particularly the rules regarding what kind of game is being played and the rules that apply to it (i.e. when do you use Open War cards? Tactical Objectives cards? I appreciate that both are optional, but having got them, it'd be nice to know if they actually come in handy sometimes, or if they're extreme edge case uses only. Also, Is it automatically classed as Open Play if you're not using granular points and not doing a Narrative Game? Or can it be Matched Play with Power Levels? If it is Matched Play, can one use the aforementioned decks? I understand that one can always just work things out with one's opponent and wing it, but what does the BRB actually have to say on the matter? I'm rather unclear on this.
Tech-nically, Matched Play (and the Open War cards) wants you to use granular points rather than power levels, but it's my intention at least to say to heck with that because I'm a lazy casual bum who likes the simplicity of pick-and-grab army selection but also likes funky card-based mission-choosing mechanics. I really don't think that using power level versus points in the matched play scenarios will break the game - none of the objectives in MP missions refer to points or anything.

The RAW, though, are:

Open play - don't need to be battle forged, don't need to use points at all - just plop some hams on the table and roll dice.

Narrative play - needs to be battle forged, power level is OK and it doesn't even need to be evenly-matched points necessarily.

Matched play - needs to be battle forged, should use granular points.
-----

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 am

Sorry guys, will be a little late. I went the wrong way :/

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”