Osaka Rising Sun Tournament

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Osaka Rising Sun Tournament

Post by The Other Dave » Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 am

So there's a pretty big 40K / AoS tournament in Osaka called Rising Sun:

https://risingsungt.com/

Which usually isn't my thing, because I'm a filthy casual, but this year they're adding an Underworlds tournament, and while I'm not, like, particularly good at the game or anything, this seems like something I might be interested in, as a way to meet some folks in other areas, make connections, and also actually play a bunch of the game. The UW tournament is Monday September 16th (a holiday, Respect for the Aged Day), and I think it would be especially fun (hint, hint) if a couple few local people went out together. I know that me and mij are the only people here on NH who are what you might call "more or less actively interested" in Underworlds, but still, if anyone else would be keen on heading out to Osaka for some Shadespire in September, let me know!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Osaka Rising Sun Tournament

Post by YellowStreak » Fri May 17, 2019 7:24 am

You should consider getting NagoyaHammer in the "other events in Japan" section to help reach a new audience.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Osaka Rising Sun Tournament

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 17, 2019 8:50 am

YellowStreak wrote:You should consider getting NagoyaHammer in the "other events in Japan" section to help reach a new audience.
I noticed that too. I sort of think there's a lot of outreach we could be doing in general, actually.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”