Plamojuku Events Thread

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Plamojuku Events Thread

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:08 am

Hi everyone,

Since I've been going regularly, and Jye has started going as well, I thought it might be helpful to make a thread each month for gaming events up at Plamojuku in Ichinomiya. Generally they have get-togethers on the first Sunday of each month ("Sundayhammer") and the second and fourth Saturdays ("Westernhammer," because second and fourth -> ni and shi -> nishi -> west, because Hide is a fan of puns apparently :D).

This month there's only the first Westernhammer meeting, so:

Sunday October 6, 11am until we're done
Saturday October 12, 11am until we're done

Both days should be WarCry and/or Underworlds - I'll probably just be going on the 6th this month, with both games in tow. The cost is 200 yen per hour you play, and (as space is extremely limited) if you plan to attend you should let the owner Hide know either by dropping in to the store and saying hi, or on twitter (link on the shop page above), or through Jye or myself.
Last edited by The Other Dave on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Plamojuku October Events

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 am

I *should* be going to both, and since my Underworlds stuff showed up from Australia I should be able to play both games.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:11 pm

I will actually make it to neither, I'm in Malaysia for work because apparently the universe doesn't want Dave and I to ever be in the same place :)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Haha it's a vast cosmic conspiracy! Presumably the planets will align eventually. :lol:
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:49 am

Went up to Sundayhammer today (5 people! Just about the limit for how many people the store can actually hold!) and got in a couple games of WarCry and a couple of Underworlds, both with my goblins, and had a lot of fun. I sort of discovered that for WarCry the squig hoppers aren't *quite* good enough to run a low-model-count squig-heavy force, and a 10-model warband with a mix of goblins, squigs and hoppers seemed to do a lot better. For Underworlds, Zarbag is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'll be able to get the hang of him.

Because he's a good customer (and also probably at least in part because the new season is starting and they need to shift them), the owner has ended up with a few of the 2019 Underworlds organized play packs, so next month's Sundayhammer (on the 3rd) will be a mini Underworlds tournament, with loot to be distributed afterwards. "Loot" will mostly be Japanese-language limited cards and acrylic tokens, with the shadeclass trophy for the winner, but free stuff is always nice!
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Anything to know about the format? I'm assuming the new competitive format (ie only half Surges, the appropriate banned/restricted).

I'll come along and play Molog, since I won't have anything else painted, but I expect the deck will be a bit weaker than it has been in the past.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:01 pm

That wasn't decided - I'll check on the line group. I'm definitely making all my decks using the new format going forward just for the sake of not-having-to-worry about it, though.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:01 pm

OK, looks like the general consensus, for this next month's thing anyway, is to use the pre-Beastgrave deck-building rules as most people in the group don't have BG yet. (I'm still going to use the new guidelines as I'm anal that way, though, and want to get some practice using the Gitz. :D)
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 pm

I think I'll follow suit, it'll probably be more fun to play against a Molog deck that actually cares about the end of the round and isn't just a runaway surge train.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:00 am

Ochie-san and I had a mini games day out at Plamojuku today and it was very good times. We played three games of Warcry (in which I learned the Orruk Megaboss, Idoneth Soulrender and the Darkoath Warqueen are all pretty solid), and two of Underworlds (in which we learned Ochie-san is a better player than me but my Grymwatch deck is accidentally ridiculous, they are a shockingly good objectives faction).

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”