December Games Day - 22nd - Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: December Games Day - 22nd - Higashi Betsuin

Post by job » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:31 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:19 pm
Bah late to reply, I will also be around looking for 40k and Kill team if there are any spaces left. :)
Want to play 40k in the afternoon?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:19 am

Karantu wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:22 pm
Konrad wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:18 am
You know, I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm thinking I'd like a bit of 40K myself. Hey, does anyone have a copy of the Astra Militariscopyrightabilis Codex? I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and thinking of dusting off the old Gaaaaaaard!

@Konrad I should be able to procure a Guard codex for the day if you'd like. Also, if you'd like any help building a list I could help a bit.
Cheers! I should be good. First thing, I'll sit back with a coffee and figure out a 650 list. Figure I can get 2 Basilisks in a 650 pt list. :D I don't think I could do a 1300 unless I do Imperial Armour stuff, and I read it all got nerfed down into the darkest depths of "meh".
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:02 am

Konrad wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:19 am
Cheers! I should be good. First thing, I'll sit back with a coffee and figure out a 650 list. Figure I can get 2 Basilisks in a 650 pt list. :D I don't think I could do a 1300 unless I do Imperial Armour stuff, and I read it all got nerfed down into the darkest depths of "meh".
Sure that sounds good. I'll prep 650pt and 1300pt lists then in case it becomes a 2vs1. I'll probably be bringing my Chaos Space Marines since I want to try out some of the new stuff from Psychic Awakening.
Forgeworld stuff can be pretty hit or miss, but two Basilisks sound pretty scary and you should have enough leftover for a decent amount of infantry to cover them.

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Want to play 40k in the afternoon?
[/quote]

Yes! Sounds good!
Karantu wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:22 pm
Konrad wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:18 am
You know, I'm not sure if I can make it, but I'm thinking I'd like a bit of 40K myself. Hey, does anyone have a copy of the Astra Militariscopyrightabilis Codex? I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and thinking of dusting off the old Gaaaaaaard!
OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Bah late to reply, I will also be around looking for 40k and Kill team if there are any spaces left. :)
My morning slot is open if either/both of you want to play some 40K. I could bring lists for both 2vs1 And 1vs1 games so depending on how things turn out I could do either. Since Chapter Approved is out and Battlescribe should be updated by then, I'd like to use the points from CA, maybe even try a mission from there

@Konrad I should be able to procure a Guard codex for the day if you'd like. Also, if you'd like any help building a list I could help a bit.
Yup sure if that option is still available!

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:37 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:52 pm
OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Kill team should be no problem! I've lost track of exactly who all's playing, but games are quick enough that it shouldn't be hard to set something up.
I’ll come find you Dave if nothing works out lol :)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Also, for anyone interested in playing WarCry, Jye and I were talking and thought we might start up our respective warbands' campaign stories. It's really straightforward to do, and the suggested way of doing it even says not to worry if not everybody is at the same stage of their campaigns at the same time, so nobody else really needs to start if they don't want to. But like Karantu has been talking about with 40K, it'd be fun to have some narrative to hang our games onto.

The WH Community site actually has a really nice little web app for tracking your warband and its advancement, and it'll store your info and make a pdf for you too: https://www.warhammer-community.com/varanscribe/
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm

I am also looking for a game of Kill Team or small game or 40K in the morning. But the schedule looks pretty Chaotic right now. I think I'll just show up and if there is no game available, I'm good just hanging out until the PM game.

Job: I thought you were playing 40K doubles in the afternoon with me, Jye, and Grantthelemeu? If you're playing with OZMS2Tallgeese instead, I suppose Konrad or someone could join us.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 am

The Underdweller wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm
I am also looking for a game of Kill Team or small game or 40K in the morning. But the schedule looks pretty Chaotic right now. I think I'll just show up and if there is no game available, I'm good just hanging out until the PM game.

Job: I thought you were playing 40K doubles in the afternoon with me, Jye, and Grantthelemeu? If you're playing with OZMS2Tallgeese instead, I suppose Konrad or someone could join us.
Oh yes, you are right. I thought Granthelemeu was playing in the afternoon and we were playing in the morning. My bad.

If you want we could play. Would you like to play a game of 40k or KT? You’ll have to teach me KT as I’ve never played. We could also play some small scale 40k.0
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:20 am

Looks like I'm going to be giving Kondo-san a demo of Titanicus on the day, which will eat into my WarCry/Kill Team time, but it looks like there are enough skirmishers around that games should be easy enough to set up.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 am

job wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 am
The Underdweller wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Oh yes, you are right. I thought Granthelemeu was playing in the afternoon and we were playing in the morning. My bad.

If you want we could play. Would you like to play a game of 40k or KT? You’ll have to teach me KT as I’ve never played. We could also play some small scale 40k.0
Sure let's try Kill Team. It will be the visually impaired leading the blind though as I have only played it a couple of times last Nagoyahammer. But it is pretty easy to pick up, luckily.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”