January Nagoya Games Day - 1/19 at e-Able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Karantu
Champion

Re: January Nagoya Games Day - 1/19 at e-Able Nagoya

Post by Karantu » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 am

@Primarch, thanks for the game of Bolt Action. It was pretty fun even if my dice rolls were appalling. Hopefully we can play another game of Battletech again soon-ish.

@Dave, it was a pleasure playing AT again. It was nice to see some different weapons. Almost makes me want to pull the trigger on some new weapons myself but I'm probably gonna wait and see what else they release before I buy anything new.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 am

Thanks for the games everyone!

Morning 40K I think was a good show for the Chapter Approved 19 missions; Job and I ruthlessly executing everything in LOS but waiting too long to head for the objectives saw us only win through luck. Really heartening that everything going right in the shooting phase isn't an autowin. Thanks to Grant and Ballonacorn for playing cleverly and relentlessly even under the full weight of the Imperium's bullshit, and thanks Job for throwing so much fire downrange 🤣

And thanks to Jason and Grant for putting up with my firehose of Kill Team enthusiasm/detail. As promised the game was a bit of a mess but hopefully you got the gist of it, and fighting for container mountain was fun.
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Karantu wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 am
@Dave, it was a pleasure playing AT again. It was nice to see some different weapons. Almost makes me want to pull the trigger on some new weapons myself but I'm probably gonna wait and see what else they release before I buy anything new.
Yeah, as I said the weapons are definitely a boutique purchase. :lol: I'd have no issues with proxying if you want to try some stuff out either!

Definitely two fun games of AT, although I got well wrecked in both of them - the problem with a speedy reaver with a chainfist is that he needs to be taken down quick, but he's not quite durable enough not to be when focus-fired. Fortunately I have the resources to try out some different maniple setups and such - I suspect two warhounds may be better than a warlord in a lot of situations.

That said, with NH looming I think it's time to focus on Underworlds, comma, drumming up interest in. :lol: Probably I'll be bringing WarCry / Underworlds for a the next few monthly meetings.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 pm

@Karantu - I'm glad you had fun, even if you couldn't hit anything. Battletech at some point in the future sounds good.

@Asch - Thank you (and thank you to your son) for the game of Star Wars Legion. I'm not usually a huge Star Wars fan, but I really enjoyed the game. I like the activation system, and once you get the hang of it, combat is really easy. Sadly I can't seem to find a copy for a reasonable price here in Japan and the one set I saw on Amazon.jp is from the UK and isn't guaranteed to be in stock. Fantasy Flight Games seem to produce really good games and then make them almost impossible to buy. :cry:
I'd definitely be up for another game sometime.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Golden Monkey
Rookie

Post by Golden Monkey » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:46 am

@Jye Thanks for the run down on Kill Team. I enjoyed it but I'm not quite sure it is for me. I'm more eager to try out Warcry and/or Underworlds next time. I'm a little worried I'm in love with GW minis more than the games.

@Primarch Bolt Action looked interesting but seemed a little daunting, very interesting thematically though. Might give it a try next time if you are willing to teach. Or we could get some Battletech going?
Last edited by Golden Monkey on Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:13 am

@ Jye, Balloonacorn, Grantholemeu: Thanks for the game. I have to say you guys did great considering what turned out to be Space Marine- Ad Mech castle, losing first turn to my dice rolls and not having a number of opportunities go your way. Certainly a morale victory as Jye and I needed all even more luck to have the game last until turn 7 to eek out a 1 VP victory. Hats off to you guys for playing to the mission and doing well in a tough situation.

Jye, thanks for being my team mate. It was one brutal combination we coincidentally made.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Golden Monkey wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:46 am
@Jye Thanks for the run down on Kill Team. I enjoyed it but I'm not quite sure it is for me. I'm more eager to try out Warcry and/or Underworlds next time. I'm a little worried I'm in love with GW minis more than the games.
No worries! You should definitely give Warcry and Underworlds a go then, they use the same beautiful minis as Age of Sigmar but unlike Kill Team go completely their own way mechanically (and are quite different from each other as well).

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”