February Nagoya Games Day - 2/23 at e-Able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: February Nagoya Games Day - 2/23 at e-Able Nagoya

Post by Primarch » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 am

Thanks all for a great day of gaming, chatting and for the beers afterwards. It was great to see so many people rolling dice and moving minis around.

For myself, I had 3 fun games of Magic and my first game of Rebels and Patriots saw my plucky American rebels seeing off the heinous British and their mercenary allies. Good times!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:31 pm

I had a blast , thanks to everyone
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:01 pm

I had a great time on Sunday, and it was particularly nice to meet fellow forumites that I hadn’t previously met in person. Of course, thanks go especially to Prim for the Magic games (and especially for giving me the opportunity to play a card called “Zombie Apocalypse” in my zombie themed deck. Yes, that’s a real card :lol: ) and many thanks to my Underwords opponents. Yes, even you wi’ the troll, Balloonacorn :lol:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Jye: Thanks for the games of Kill Team. It is one of my favorite games to play recently, fast and exciting while still retaining the 40K universe atmosphere. It was good to play with someone who knows the rules so well.

Auxryn: My Tau appreciated the training exercise; I'm sure it'll help them get into shape for Nagoyahammer. I also developed a healthy respect for Drones.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:12 am

@ Auxryn, Karantu, Tallgeese: Apocalypse is fun. I really like the system. My only belief is it would be best to organize teams and card decks in advance, and, as you suggested Vissel, use a whole day. (Although I really think if we get the rules down and leave organizing to before the match begins, a similar sized game would take only 3-4 hours. We didn’t start the game until about 11am so we playedt only about two hours.)
@ Primarch: Thank you for the game of Rebels and Patriots. It was very fun in-spite of my Hessians standing under fire for the majority of the game, my Scots dillydallying about charging the rebels and my Jaguers spending much of the game as spectators. (But all of it was very 18th century warfare in a way so I was quite enjoyed it.) I was particularly happy to see how the disorder system worked with the attack mechanics. I came away quite happy with the whole system and the game played out in just over an hour. Gets a thumbs up from me.

Now onwards to Guilford! (I’ll look to place an order to fill out the Von Bose and 71st regiments and start Washington’s Calvary, the Marylanders and the Virginian militia.
Last edited by job on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:11 am

@job, Auxryn, Tallgeese, Thanks for participating in the Apocalypse game. It was pretty fun but I would like to try a better planned game in the future. Maybe even a 3 vs 3. I'll try and have a fully painted army by then.

@Jye, Thanks for the game. It was interesting playing against Sisters and it made me realise how rusty I am at playing Tau. I would love to have a rematch sometime.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:25 am

I got a late start, but got in a fun, fun game of Frostgrave. I was really keen to play and get my brand new (imagine evil sorcerer standing , fingers clenched, arms upraised, from the ground a rumbling and grinding, slabs of black, demon infused stone raise into the air) walls on the board. Luckily I did, as they were the only thing that saved me from getting utterly trounced instead of kicked around. Thanks to Underdweller for the Last Chancers. I owe you one. And thanks to Jye for letting me get a close look at his Sisters. Oh, that did not come out right at all..... :oops: :D Dang, the kit-bash opportunities with those. I would so love to make an Inquisitor warband or something using those parts.

WALLLLL!

WALLLLLLL!

WALLLLLLLLLL!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:01 pm
and many thanks to my Underwords opponents. Yes, even you wi’ the troll, Balloonacorn :lol:
You are too kind.

I, for one, learned alot about the psychology of playing a fungoid troll. Both on myself and my opponents...
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Karantu wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:11 am
@Jye, Thanks for the game. It was interesting playing against Sisters and it made me realise how rusty I am at playing Tau. I would love to have a rematch sometime.
You're absolutely on :) I'd like lots of practice with both Sisters and Marines to get my efficiency up and make the bigger games more viable in the timeslot, it's nice to play with all the toys.

Golden Monkey
Rookie

Post by Golden Monkey » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:56 am

I had a good time last weekend. I got to try out Warcry and then Underworlds. Thanks to The Other Dave for teaching and thanks to me_in_japan for the loan of the Nighthaunts your deck got me the win, and of course thanks to Balloonacorn for Trolling everyone. :lol:
A few days ago I found a used copy of Shadespire and Nightvault on sale for a steal on the JIGG Kansai group on Facebook, so I have my own copies to play with for next time. I won't be able to make March but April will hopefully be ok... gives me some time to learn how to paint minis.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”